Advice on my mixing/mastering

ThomasC

i am new to recording been doing it for about a year i have one song that sounds decent i would like some input on what everyone thinks about it and what i could do to improve on how it sounds. Tell me whats good and whats bad about it please. thanks ThomasC

heres the first song i ever recorded sounds pretty bad though i think.

ThomasC
I'm typing as I listen with h/phones. onemore sounds pretty cool. Some bits of the high strings sound a little brittle. You lose too much of the acoustic when the electrics come in - try to balance all three as the electrics don't retain the prettiness. The power chording is a little "standard" but gets a breath at around 2.40. There's so much scope for you to play "nicely" as you do on acoustic with some filth underneath it. The song limps into "POWER BALLAD" land too soon to support the quality of the intro minute.
Bummer - I was enjoying the acousticness of it. I reckon it'd be popular but it does become almost a hairmetal song.
For my tastes I'd say go back & remix with the BIG guitar sound in the background.
Good luck
rayC

]i am new to recording been doing it for about a year i have one song that sounds decent i would like some input on what everyone thinks about it and what i could do to improve on how it sounds. Tell me whats good and whats bad about it please. thanks ThomasC
---------
* Sounds pretty good to me Thomas...if this is your starting point, I don't think you've got too much to worry about.......
MAWD

Thanks

thanks for the input guys......i know the acoustic gets overtaken by the electrics...thats pretty much how the band wanted it ...but i will tell them the advice i get off of here and see what they think. thanks for the input guys

Well written power ballad. I like the vocals on this. Right up front...Nice acoustic part in the beginning. Nice tones and panning on the electrics. Drums are pretty good too. Cool solo at the end.....I'd be pretty happy with this...

Back