Acoustic rock - New song - feedback requested

It's got a heavy CSN vibe. Nice. I like how it starts out kinda disjointed then pulls together. I think the overall tone of the mix fits the song perfectly. I wouldn't change a thing. I like the dark guitar for the intro, is that a resonator? Good harmonies. Some spots are pitchy with the vocal.

If this was 50 years ago, you'd have a hit on your hands. :)

It's got a heavy CSN vibe. Nice. I like how it starts out kinda disjointed then pulls together. I think the overall tone of the mix fits the song perfectly. I wouldn't change a thing. I like the dark guitar for the intro, is that a resonator? Good harmonies. Some spots are pitchy with the vocal.

If this was 50 years ago, you'd have a hit on your hands. :)

Thanks for the listen. I think I may retrack some of the vocals to get the harmonies a bit more exact. Not a resonator - just a cheap tinny Yamaha capoed. It’s definitely a throwback; then again half of what I hear on playlists are purposely retro, so maybe what’s old becomes new again.

I love the intro (and verses) on this. The 'tinny' guitar and understated drums are ace...yes retro but very much of the time for folk/ indie crossover stuff. The bridge to chorus sounds like you vocal should be about to hit a soaring melody but doesn't go there...more subtle but as Chilli says, you're searching for notes and it meanders a little. Overall I really enjoyed it though. ??

Back