acoustic indie song!

appleyardrules

yeah so

a couple of my friends came over to do this song

the playing
is sketchy at points and will be rerecorded
i just wanna know how the mix is

i tried a new approach for acoustic guitars, maybe others do this to. they had electric acoustic, so they plugged in AND i miced them and it sounds really nice, and i wanna know how good the drums sound. im very proud of the snare, i used two sm 57anddd yeah feedback please :)

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=2241

Drums and acoustics blend really well - vocals nicely on top of everything. The "please don't go" part is too up front compared to the rest though (first time) maybe back it off a bit... Yes, you're right - your snare is nice. Good songwriting and singing, mix is good....good job! :D

Good song, but I noticed timing problems throughout the entire song. Particularly between the direct and mic'd acoustics. It's distracting and takes attention away from the song. I think it could sound much better if re-recorded in correct time.

Definite timing issues in places. Drums are overpowering in some spots. Dynamics seem to rise and fall (not even thruout the song).

The song is good. Would suggest more practice then re-recording using a click track to keep everyone on time if possible.

Keep at it.

Yeah, the snare sounds very good. Nice song, just watch the levels and tighten up the rhythm as has been mentioned. I like the instrumental bit at 2:30.

Tim

Back