Acoustic Guitar/Vocal

My amateur opinion...obviously, if it's for a collaboration, then other stuff will be added, so it's hard to give any constructive criticism that may be totally useless depending on what's added. HOWEVER...if NOTHING else is added, you could do the guitar sound a world of good by taking out some of the low mids and giving a slight, narrowish boost in the extreme top end...like 12K. Right now, the guitar has a really boxy sound that can be cleaned up a lot...Mess around by taking out stuff between 200 and 600Hz and see where it brightens up the best without losing too much body.

The vocal sound has some real problems in my opinion. The top end is pretty harsh, but still undefined at the same time...I'm not sure how much of that is the result of the verb/echo you're using, but if this were going to stay as an acoustic piece, I'd try the vocal a LOT dryer...

Oh, and if I didn't mention it, I'm a hack, lol.

Hey...you moved in the right direction, but a bit too far in the right direction on the guit, I think. The boxiness is gone, but so is almost all of the body...It's a little "clicky" now too, why may be too much top end.

The vocal sounds worlds better to me.

More importantly...do YOU like it better?

I do like it better...
But yeah...
I can see where I may have taken out a bit too much of the low end.
I'll have a look at it tonight after work...
My collaborator also told me the solo is out of sync with the rhythm...
I didn't think so but he's the performer so he's more likely right.

Oh yeah...
All the tracks I used are on that page if anyone wants to take a crack at it.
I've never mixed acoustic astuff so I'm not sure where to begin to be honest.

I'd love to get an example from someone a bit more experienced.
This guy I'm collaborating with want s me to an EP worth of songs for him...

Last edited:
Back