acoustic guitar

The bottom seems a little muddy, but the playing is good. It can probably be eq'd to fix. Seems like somewhere around 800-1100 hz could be cut about 2 db. That's just a guess. I play acoustic and struggle with this also, although I have a Washburn cutaway and it doesn't have the bass of your droughnaught. (sp?) Sounds pretty good, though, especially the harmony after the pause.

Yeah I have very little experience with acoustics, but this sounds like maybe you're getting just a little too much soundhole. It lacks a little shimmer, but you said you wanted it "dark". Good playing and riff idea.

i had the acm 4 (front) facing the soundhole where the neck meets the body at a 45* angle
i had the AT3035 on the other side of the sound hole at a 45* angle too but it was about .5 feet away..

I put an Apex 435 between the bell (sound hole) and the bridge and an AT2020 at the 10th fret, both about ten inches away. I usually get a pretty clean sound that I can fatten to taste with eq.

i was litening to it again and i heard that at a point the guitar is distorded becuase i mixed it so high even thought i put a brick wall limiter on it.....i'll remix it sometime..

Back