Acoustic - "Everafter Slowly"

emomusician

Not really wanting recording crits but you can give them if you must. I realize the recording is not that great..

I just want crits in general.. whether it be recording, or the overall appeal of the song.

thanks..

www.myspace.com/wholesomejoemusic

take into account its 3 years old.

Recording sounds pretty good. Is that a slight chorus or phaser on one of the guitars? Vocals sound okay. Kind of whiny but it fits the genre I guess. The song itself doesn't do much for me, but I'm not into the whole singer/songwriter touchy-feely thing. Sounds pretty well done though. Good job. :)

yeah, the style is not for everyone. I'm actually trying to get away from the whiny vocals into a more neutral straight "mainstream pop" sound ala Hanson, Matchbox 20, etc..

more harmonies and stuff.. i just don't think I am quite there yet.

Good Lord man.....why would you want to sound like those guys?!?! :eek: :eek:

Hanson? The "MMMMMM bop" kids? :eek:

Yikes!

:p:D

the mmmbop kids have grown up..

Have you heard anything they have done recently..

its a far cry from their "teeny bop" days.

Can't help it, the girls love em.. lol

Lol. Sorry man, but I have not heard them lately. I didn't even know they still existed. My mom and grandma love Matchbox 20 though, so you got some potential fans there! :D

lol yeah..

they dropped from mecury/island and started their own record label. They are pretty much indie now, but still have a huge fan base. Music has matured alot as a result.

I'm a big fan of your harmonies. You've gotta be happy with those. The attack to the guitar and all that suggests drums and a band. Did you have that in mind, or was it always gonna be minimal?

Good song. Well done vox. Tight rhythm on the gtrs but sounds like the gtr needs new strings.:D

Back