Acoustic "Demo" of New Song...

"Bare Bones", huh?

That sounded pretty complete and smooth to me! Let's put it this way. Your NWR site just got added to my favorites list. Timing was right on the mark, your vocals are steady and controlled (your voice has a McCartney edge to it), the mics did a nice job - what are you using for preamps / setup?

Are we gonna see you in Andover Ct this August?

Tree...

Thanks very much for the kind words. I just got back from visiting YOUR NowhereRadio page, and all I can say is...I'm not worthy!

Your guitar playing/recording sounds fabulous.

Anyone who mentions Leo Kottke, Bela Fleck and all those others under "favorites" is alright in my book!

I actually just posted another song on my site this morning...it's been around for a while, and I believe I posted it a few months back (a different mix anyway) over at The Planet. It includes mandolin and banjo. I play with some bluegrass buddies on Monday nights, and we do three or four Bela Fleck Tunes (Big Country, Open Road...).

Anyway, the "new" song at NowhereRadio is called "After You Left."

Again, your stuff is really, really great. And I feel like an idiot, but what event is coming up in Connecticut? I don't have a clue!

- BobOC

P.S. I use a Mackie 1202 VLZPro as my "PreAmp." I also used an RNC compressor on the vocal mic (Studio Projects C1). The guitar I use on "Keep Out The Day" is a Washburn Acoustic/Electric which is fine for what it is, but it records terribly. The good news is that I just ordered a Martin D-15 on Friday. I can't wait to get it!

Thanks again....

Oh, boy... Now for a MANDATORY read...:D (You'll get the joke before you're far into it).

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61243

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72977

Bottom line is that a bunch of us are gathering for the third time at Tom Neville's place ( www.nevillemusic.com ) (aka fmmahoganyrush) in Andover Ct. this August; either the first or the second weekend. We have a running contest for the one who travels farthest - Last year it was a toss up between drStawl, from sunny southern California, and Roel Das, from Belgium.

It is not a thing to be missed. Particularly if you like to eat!!

Very natural sounding man! And that's ALWAYS extra cool!

I do like the bass "sound"... for sure... But thought with the voice and guitar so natural, I was kinda itchin' for a cello or something... Probably just me though...

Oh... And yeah it's simple, but it kept me attention! It's pretty hard to do simple but on the edge waiting for the next line type of thing... And you pulled it off here!!!

excellent .."chasing shadows off of you"...that is great..
vocals are warm and inviting...nice job on that. "dont let it catch you____________" whats the last part?...
the bass sounds good ..might be a touch too loud but im on comp speakers...soo....

nice chord progression too..guitar has a nice tone..

i would bring the outtro "da-da's" down a hair...

great song.

jamal

Treeline....thanks for the info re: Andover. It's about 80 miles from me. If my schedule is free, I'll DEFINITELY be there!

Rec. Eng. - Thanks. Yes, the final version will have some sort of synth/string thing happening. No question about it!

Jamal - Thanks to you also. The line is "Don't let it catch you, it soon will fade...." And yes, the outro da-da's are too loud. Those were picked up by the B1 mic I was using on the acoustic.

The whole thing will be redone soon...also planning to add mandolin and a bit of "haunting" fiddle, courtesy of my friend Jim Vogt. Will post the finished product in a few weeks (hopefully!).

Thanks again...Bob O.

One more thing...for Recording Engineer...

Yes, I agree that the bass is a bit too loud. It's funny, though...I just came back from the supermarket. My nine year old daughter and I were listening to the radio and "Lucy In The Sky" came on, so we cranked it up. Man, the bass is LOUD on that song! I love it!!

After You Left

Hey, bro -

I wanna hear more of this! Very smooth stuff going on here. You've got some good people at work. I particularly like the changes and the way you work the third phrase of each verse with the melody:

"Sometimes I feel like my heart's been cut /
Right down the middle and opened up /
If you saw me like this I wonder what /
you'd say."

Nice work.

Back