Acoustic Blues (Nylon String)...

Gorty the Blue track was really great. Refreshing, every now and then, to hear something good. I thought the Blue track was mixed better than the other but just listening thru some mid-PC JBL's tonight..kind of a worst case test. sounded great.

been listening all over tonight,
damn some of em out there it sounds like they just post for the hell of posting?
like they started recording themselves without learning how to tune a guitar and left the TV on in the background and then attempt to sing thru a cell phone mic?

makes the others sound even better, maybe the positive side of it? :confused:

RAMI said:
Hey Gorty, this is great. I wouldn't even attempt to record an acoustic, let alone a nylon string. (Actually, I've tried which is why I know how hard it is). Everything sounds good here to me, even the drums (cymbals are a bit harsh but I love the snare). Great playing, too.

Hey thanx for listening RAMI,

It did take a lot of setting up with the mic and distance etc to get this recording of the nylon string acoustic, but it seems to have paid off for a first time effort!

Thanx again for your feedback RAMI. I appreciate it! :)
Gorty

COOLCAT said:
Gorty the Blue track was really great. Refreshing, every now and then, to hear something good. I thought the Blue track was mixed better than the other but just listening thru some mid-PC JBL's tonight..kind of a worst case test. sounded great.

been listening all over tonight,
damn some of em out there it sounds like they just post for the hell of posting?
like they started recording themselves without learning how to tune a guitar and left the TV on in the background and then attempt to sing thru a cell phone mic?

makes the others sound even better, maybe the positive side of it? :confused:

Thanx COOLCAT for listening to this tune!
I do know what ya mean about some post's here, but hey like you said "Makes the others sound even better!"

Cheers :)

Gorty

Gorty said:
This is a 12 bar blues instrumental I recorded about a year ago titled.."Blue Moon Tango".
I recorded the drums using a Zoom 234 Rhythm Machine, playing the pads live along with the bass and rhythm guitars!

This was my first attempt at recording my nylon string guitar using a Shure SM57.
Any comments in regards to the arrangement and mix would be greatly appreciated!

"Blue Moon Tango"

Gorty :)

Hey Gorty I like. nicely done :D

Cheers :D :D :D

Your acoustic tone came out great.

The blues licks are not very bluesy, kind of too happy, think Albert King for inspiration.

Do some bends, slow down and make the notes count so that every second is not filled to the max with notes. Good Blues are more of a conversation between two people rather than someone talking non stop without breathing.

Just my .02 on the blues baby.

EL34 said:
Your acoustic tone came out great.

The blues licks are not very bluesy, kind of too happy, think Albert King for inspiration.

Do some bends, slow down and make the notes count so that every second is not filled to the max with notes. Good Blues are more of a conversation between two people rather than someone talking non stop without breathing.

Just my .02 on the blues baby.

Hey EL34,

Thanx for your listen and comments!
The blues encompasses a wide scope of emotions and can be expressed in various forms and styles! Whilst I am not in disagreement of your comments, the rhythm guitar is played in a strict 12 bar format and the lead guitar was played using pure Pentatonic scales with passing tones!

The feel of this tune conveyed in the title "Blue Moon Tango" was one of a lively vibe whilst being played in a blues format!

Thanx for your 2 cents worth! :)

Gorty

Love this blues, Gorty! Great playing throughout. I wish I heard more blues played on these forums. :cool:

Nice work bro!

Chris

bigmahon said:
Love this blues, Gorty! Great playing throughout. I wish I heard more blues played on these forums. :cool:

Nice work bro!

Chris

Hey Chris,

Thanx for listening and the time taken to post a comment!...I may just have another bluesy tune up my sleeves ready to post up shortly! I am glad you enjoyed it!

Thanx again Chris! :)

Gorty

Back