Acey and the fuzztones...reply

mixmkr

we don't need rest!!
I wasn't able to reply in your other thread, Crawdid... getting "invalid thread" stuff...
so...I said:

hhhmmm nice paisley shirt, btw.

96 Tears keyboards?

Kinda has that Paul Revere and the Raiders vibe...I suppose...

I think you might have succeeded...gtr maybe a little to loud and bring up the keys.

should be in mono though...;)

VW minivan too?

oh...at 1:30ish...has that Blues Magoos feel.... kinda like the Tobacco Road "freak out" section. Guitar is too "hip" sounding though....too much sustain maybe... something about it... Have a Vox tonebender?
:eek:

hhhmmm ..I now see the thread is gone... maybe you were jerking it as I hit the "reply" button...:eek:

Where'd it go?!:D

I downloaded this a little earlier and got sidetyracked playing the X-box with my bro.I like this tune Crawdad.It has that go-go dancing vibe to it with an allman bros twist during the first part of the solo......I dig the organ part chopping away back there.This is cool and has a heck of a hook.

I guess if you want this thread nuked for good,mixmkr will have to delete his responses.he did take all that time to reply thouugh.:D

I dunno guys. I started feeling like it was a stupid waste of time...like I'd posted too much lately anyway...nobody responded...why am I screwing around with this?....I'm sick, I'm exhausted...losing faith, losing momentum...ohhh, poor poor pitiful me...I just hit the delete button. I'm going through a spiritual and mental meltdown. DavidK---HOLD ME!!

Shit! Now I'm just like B. Sabbath and ChrisHarris--those other two post wanker yankers! Forever doomed to pay for my deleting sins!

Next thing I know, Acey is calling me, whining that the band broke up, his old lady OD'd on some bad acid, the germanium transistors gave up the ghost in the guitar players Arbiter, and the drummer is becoming a software programmer. I kept telling them that persistence would take them to the top. I suppose they got scared of their star potential or something. Which leaves me holding the bag. (Used to be a dime bag, now its a bank loan bag).

For the morbidly curious, the song still exists:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1522/singles.shtml

Since the Fuzztones have scattered across the globe by now, I guess its up to me to respond to comments on their sole pending smash performance.

Mixmkr--thanks for the compliment about the shirt, first of all. It was a custom designed pattern made by one of the bands groupies after a three day STP trip. The guitarist was beaming about the "too hip" comment. He says he used a Fuzzface modded by Alphonso Hermeida. Has all kinds of weird transistors and caps in it. Anyway, I didn't bother to tell him that groups like the Yardbirds and Music Machine--not to mention the Blues Magoos--did stuff like this almost 40 years ago. Unfortunately, when I told ther keyboard player you mentioned Paul Revere and the Raiders, he almost slashed his wrists. Oh--but heres the good news--as soon as I said 96 Tears, he smiled, dropped the single edge blade, and took a hit off his bong and stared into the new lava lamp I bought for him. As for the drummer--he took off with some blonde. Well, you know how drummers are!

Kramer--I feel like I should go back in time and delete myself for this faux pax. I am so glad you are dancing though. Thats what its all about--getting the kids to dance. If you can get them dancing, next thing you know, some guy will be getting laid. They then buy the single for the memories and the whole thing mushrooms. Speaking of mushrooms, I think Acey may be reaching the uncomfortable stage that happens after ingesting too much psylocybin pizza. Well, you know how kids are these days, right? I'm kinda bummin' myself cause I hoped to make enough off this band to retire in Hawaii. Now, I gotta sing puke songs in steakhouses for another few years. Damn. Its a fickle business, I tell you. Fickle.

Crawdaddy....you crack me up!!.. And I know what you mean about slashing the wrists with the Paul Revere comparision... Damn....has it really been 40 years?:cool:

Paul Revere and the Raiders is the first rock band I ever heard.My dad had an album called "The Best of '66" and they had a song on it called "just like me"....It was rockin....I was 4 years old when I got a hold of this in 1969.I used to sit on the floor in a storage room in the back of our house with a record player and play that tune over and over.LOL.....a song called "Down in the Boondocks" by Billy Joe Royal was on it too..ahh yeah,good times,good times......that was a long time ago!

Back