Acapella Music Production

Birdie07

Hey Guys!

I've been quite into acapella music for sometime, And recently decided to try my hand at one. While things did go better than expected, It still was definitely lacking definition and professionalism. I'll be putting up the link of the video of a short Acapella cover of Maroon 5's One More Night that I performed and produced, Could you give it a listen and tell me how I can make it better? What techniques I could apply to make each sound distinguishable and help them stand out? And any advice and opinion really on producing this type of music? I'd be really greatful if you could take the time and shared some of your experience with me!
Thankyou!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzA04uYMAak

Some of those sounds dont sound like they were made with a voice. Seems like some keyboard stuff going on too.

Anyway...

I think the lead vocal is buired a bit. And it's not super clear - missing some high end.

Some of those sounds dont sound like they were made with a voice. Seems like some keyboard stuff going on too.

Anyway...

I think the lead vocal is buired a bit. And it's not super clear - missing some high end.

Yeah, There's a single track keyboard base in the background, Just something to start with, Beside's that all sounds were made by the mouth and processed to get the required sounds. Yeah, Thankyou! I'll boost the high end next time around. Still getting the hang of EQ and stuff. Thankyou!

Back