Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: #99 with a Parachute..Acey Returns

Thanks

#99 with a Parachute..Acey Returns

Sign in to disable this ad
    Well, they talked me into re-releasing this song. The band is thinking of getting back together despite poor chart performance. Its just a matter of finishing those rehab stints and they plan to re-form.

Acey and the Fuzztones plan on being even bigger than Paul Revere and the Raiders someday and I say its good to have lofty goals. Of course, it never hurts to have a great song and some talent. I wish these guys did, but--hey--its all about looks and street smarts these days anyway...oops, that's not gonna help 'em much.

Well, one thing old Acey is good at is occasionally drinking too much and pulling some half assed stunt like deleting a post just as it was bound for glory. You shoulda seen him this morning. His skin blended right into the paisley shirt he was wearing. It was hard to tell where the shirt left off and the head began.

Anyhoo--check out their first single. Its a real treat you won't soon remember. Heck, with your help, we can get this out the "bubbling under the top 100" and shoot it right to #1 on the Nowhere charts. Today, HR.com--tomorrow the world--and other places!

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=1522&alid=-1

Thanks
    hhhmmm nice paisley shirt, btw.

96 Tears keyboards?

Kinda has that Paul Revere and the Raiders vibe...I suppose...

I think you might have succeeded...gtr maybe a little to loud and bring up the keys.

should be in mono though...

VW minivan too?

oh...at 1:30ish...has that Blues Magoos feel.... kinda like the Tobacco Road "freak out" section. Guitar is too "hip" sounding though....too much sustain maybe... something about it... Have a Vox tonebender?

man...anyone getting a deja vu???

Thanks
    "Its like deja vu all over again!"

Thanks
    Great song! I like the retro sound you've created. Pretty soon "kabonkers" are going to be a big craze again. My wrist just stopped hurting???????

Anyway I liked everything about it except the guitar tone and style during the solo section. It removes it from the whole scene the song created because it's a different style, a different era really. It's way too melodic IMHO. The song, to me begs for a much simpler R'n'R feel and sound.

Joe

Thanks
    sounds good crawdad...........i think i'm listening to the right tune?....the acey one right?...............nice rock song............good vocals

Thanks
    Pretty cool tune. Nice guitar riffs and fills.

It's like Lynard Skynard covering some one hit wonder, British invasion, skiffle band.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Smokepole
    Great song! I like the retro sound you've created. Pretty soon "kabonkers" are going to be a big craze again. My wrist just stopped hurting???????

Anyway I liked everything about it except the guitar tone and style during the solo section. It removes it from the whole scene the song created because it's a different style, a different era really. It's way too melodic IMHO. The song, to me begs for a much simpler R'n'R feel and sound.

Joe
    Yeah, I hear ya. I put that break in as a cliche. Back in the day, everybody and their brother had to do something like that and nobody cared if it fit the song!

Actually, I may do another version of this someday and put it into a blues/rock thing, which is where it kept wanting to go.

Thanks
    Powderfinger--you hit the right one. I actually wanted it to be more of a joke, but I couldn't leave well enough alone!

TripleM--I had to laugh when I read your Lynard Skynard description. Thats too funny!

Thanks

Thumbs up

that was great.. strange transition, I really liked this one! not crazy about the drums, but the song and the recording and vocals are great!

great I said!

Thanks
    Originally posted by TripleM
    Pretty cool tune. Nice guitar riffs and fills.

It's like Lynard Skynard covering some one hit wonder, British invasion, skiffle band.
    Perhaps you meant to say "LynYrd SkynYrd"?

Skynyrd is a religion in the south,I had to correct the spelling.

Thread Information