The 80s Funk Action Story...

SnakeDog5050

2 headed snake witha rake
a rough demo I'm currently working on with pictures AND a high speed car chase scene for the second half...
What do you think? Any comments/suggestions are appreciated :) :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=392607&songID=3420229

The story stars and lyrics were written members of my mailing list: True, Dogman, Gorty, Wilko, Nakatira, Variaxman, Grey Angel, Tourettes139, Dolphin_Babe, Norah, Grey Angel, pikingrin, Zed32... since this is a pretty rough demo I'm guessing I'll probably have to do the vocals again, if you have any comments/changes on your parts you can mess around with the lyrics in the SD thread in the visitor forum or PM me.

Thanks, hope you enjoy the ride :D

Attachments

• 80s funk action shot2.jpg
    80s funk action shot2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 88
SnakeDog5050 said:
a rough demo I'm currently working on with pictures AND a high speed car chase scene for the second half...

The story stars and lyrics were written members of my mailing list: True, Dogman, Gorty, Wilko, Nakatira, Variaxman, Grey Angel, Tourettes139, Dolphin_Babe, Norah, Grey Angel, pikingrin, Zed32... since this is a pretty rough demo I'm guessing I'll probably have to do the vocals again, if you have any comments/changes on your parts you can mess around with the lyrics in the SD thread in the visitor forum or PM me.

Dude, that is just way too cool!!! I think it is a blast. If you need some backing vocals, just tell me what, I will get right on em. I think your vox need to come up a bit, but they sound pretty cool. This is one of them party tunes. Way cool..... :D

SnakeDog5050 said:

Awesome Dude, without a doubt the best tune that I have heard from you!

I love the brass section, the guitars!

This is totally freaking SnakeDoggy dang doodley delicious!

Nice work Snake! :)

I enjoyed the ride, I'm going back on!

Last edited:
Dogman said:
Dude, that is just way too cool!!! I think it is a blast. If you need some backing vocals, just tell me what, I will get right on em. I think your vox need to come up a bit, but they sound pretty cool. This is one of them party tunes. Way cool..... :D

Thanks Dogman :D This was a party to record, cool it ended up fun to listen to as well.
Hey, feel free to mess around with some backup vox. I was thinking the chorus might sound good with more vox, or the "Nak Attack" yelling parts, or that entire car chase scene. Do you want to use the mp3 from soundclick or would you prefer a voxless version? You could even try a Dogman rap verse if you like and I'll fit it in there ;)

Gorty said:
Awesome Dude, without a doubt the best tune that I have heard from you!

I love the brass section, the guitars!

This is totally freaking SnakeDoggt dang doodley delicious!

Nice work Snake! :)

I enjoyed the ride, I'm going back on!

Thanks Detective Gortster! :D I appreciate it!
Yeah I thought the horns gave it an 80s action feel... I've been trying to mess with horns more lately, trumpet was my first instrument like 13 years ago :eek:

Glad you enjoyed the ride! :)
I'm going to mess with the vox some more, was I hard to understand? or does it even matter for a song like this since I'm going for more of the sound of the vocals.

SnakeDog5050 said:
Thanks Detective Gortster! :D I appreciate it!
Yeah I thought the horns gave it an 80s action feel... I've been trying to mess with horns more lately, trumpet was my first instrument like 13 years ago :eek:

Glad you enjoyed the ride! :)
I'm going to mess with the vox some more, was I hard to understand? or does it even matter for a song like this since I'm going for more of the sound of the vocals.

The volume of the vocals could definitely be more present in the mix, and maybe a little less effect on them as well.

Great ride Snakemeister!

I have been out for a while so I never saw if you took notice or not, but I hope you don't mind my kick ass avatar

Thunder33 said:
I have been out for a while so I never saw if you took notice or not, but I hope you don't mind my kick ass avatar

LOL, yeah some of you people are starting to freak me out because I see posts with my pic and at first glance I think they're mine :D Cool though, I don't mind at all ;)

SnakeDog5050 said:
LOL, yeah some of you people are starting to freak me out because I see posts with my pic and at first glance I think they're mine :D Cool though, I don't mind at all ;)

Hey, I had the avatar before you did so don't bust my balls! :P :D

Gorty said:
The volume of the vocals could definitely be more present in the mix, and maybe a little less effect on them as well.

Great ride Snakemeister!

Thx Gorts, being cool, by the pool :cool: I'll raise the volume a bit as you and Dogman both agree they're somewhat low. The only effect I'm running is slight reverb, but at many points I do have them recorded twice panned to each channel at about 15%. I'll mess around with that too and if Dogman gets some good backups down I'll probably replace one of my takes with his and see how it sounds.

Thunder33 said:
Hey, I had the avatar before you did so don't bust my balls! :P :D

Proove it! :mad: :p No just kidding, yeah you actually gave me the idea to do it too ;)

Gorty had one up too but now he's freaky spiderman

This is awesome, man. Energy galore and a killer groove. By the way, you must have changed the lyrics since typing them out because your lyric page is all wrong. Turn up the vocals and/or make them clearer and this is top-frickin-notch.

Hey, that kicks ass! Am I two different characters, or what?

True, Dogman, Gorty, Wilko, Nakatira, Variaxman, Grey Angel, Tourettes139, Dolphin_Babe, Norah, Grey Angel, pikingrin, Zed32...

Fat tune man, love the pics as well.
its good being mentioned in a song.
I really dig your creativity, its really working overtime.
Cool tune, almost a bit beastie boys.

You rawk man :)

Hey thanks a bunch everyone for taking the funk trip and comments, I appreciate it :D

Rami, I'm going to get working on those vocals right now... and thanks man, I probably changed a lot when singing it, so I'll have to go back and decipher what I actually said. Update coming soon!

Cellar, man! With all that going on I did forget the 20 foot roach! I'll probably do a few updates so I'll get him in there, trust me ;) Although he was only 10 feet in the 80s, maybe I'll fudge the numbers.

Nak, thanks man. Glad you liked the Nak attack parts :) Although I did bring up your past conflicts with the rooster. Yeah, there was some beastie boys and red hot chilli peppers influence there. I had some fun with this, since I haven't really tried doing vox like this

Grey Angel, oops... I mean, yeah you ARE two characters. How bout if you were actually undercover as Loch Ness monster too?

Hey everyones, I did an update on the file for now...
I messed with the vocals a bit, but most of all I raised them everywhere between 2 and 4 dB. How are they now? I also added a touch of lyrics and trumpet at the end for members I didn't get in earlier...

"It's Cellar Dweller, fighting the 20 foot roach!
On a stage coach!
It's Zed32, stealing Gorty's kangaroo
he's got the glue,
so now you're stuck!
good night"

I updated all the lyrics on the page too ;)

Last edited:
Vocals sit better dude. I dig the funk, man. I might try some backing vocals to send you.

Well...shooooooooooooooot, I didn't know this was here!!!

Man this is cool!! I'm ready to dune-buggy it down the beach after the bad guys, who stole Dog's beer and Pizza!! :D

You da Snakedoggy dog !!!!!! :D

Waiting to here Dogdeath vocals added!! :eek: :D

Thanks, this is my first time being in a song!!

Back