Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The 80s Funk Action Story...

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin_Babe
    Love it, one of my favorites you've done
    ultra funky 80s snake shake! The riff is there, drives the funk like a drunk monk. (that's a compliment) The riffs are cool!
    Yeah, what effects are you running in that 80s car chase scene, I love em, and something sounds differet
    I looooove the 3:21 part, intense! Awesome song, keep playing because this is fun to listen to! We should redo, "Chicago Gangster Legend" this song has a similar feel
    Only negative is that I'd bring up the ______ in the mix
    Okay, I'll get right on adjusting the ______ tomorrow, can't believe I missed that
    Thanks a lot though, glad you liked it that much. I'd like to go back to the snake roots more and do some more funky stuff, like I'm down for the CGL redo
    For the solo, I usually do heavy wah pedal on the guitar, but this time I plugged the bass guitar into the wah pedal and unloaded. For some of the sections there I had one of the rhythm guitars running through the phaser too.
    Thanks D

Thanks
    that;s got to be classed as "something completely different" and with giving no detail to my thought I'll say.......

Had it on repeat about 6 time now and I hear more each time!

When grow up I wanna mix just like you.

If anything you're afraid of your own voice and half drown it in reverb but come on...this is more worthy than anything Happy Mondays, Black Grape, Flowered Up or The Charlatans ever done.

Glimpses of genius, glimpses of hiding!

Your vocals need EQ to take away the harsh edges, then you won't feel so bad about bringin them more up front. I LOVE YOUR BASS SOUND and wanna know how you got that. The 2 buss compression kinda kills it A LOT. T-Racks or PSP Vintage warmer on the 2 buss?

I actually wanna remix this just for shits n giggles, the bass is amazing. What's the chances?
    Lemontree Studio
    Not bitter, not twisted!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonTree
    that;s got to be classed as "something completely different" and with giving no detail to my thought I'll say.......

Had it on repeat about 6 time now and I hear more each time!

When grow up I wanna mix just like you.

If anything you're afraid of your own voice and half drown it in reverb but come on...this is more worthy than anything Happy Mondays, Black Grape, Flowered Up or The Charlatans ever done.

Glimpses of genius, glimpses of hiding!

Your vocals need EQ to take away the harsh edges, then you won't feel so bad about bringin them more up front. I LOVE YOUR BASS SOUND and wanna know how you got that. The 2 buss compression kinda kills it A LOT. T-Racks or PSP Vintage warmer on the 2 buss?

I actually wanna remix this just for shits n giggles, the bass is amazing. What's the chances?

Haha, man I've seen your gear list and have heard some of your mixes so I respect your opinion pretty good. If I posted my gear list you'd probably be on the floor laughing Really though I know I can't do too much with what I have, but I'm having fun with it, and you can still feel free to give details of what you hear because it'll only help. And if you'd like to remix this for the shits n giggles, be my guest... I'm curious.. I'd send you all the original tracks unmodified if you like and give you all the recording details.

Thanks for the listen and comments Let me know if you're up for that remix, I'd like to hear what you could do with this...
    Last edited by SnakeDog5050; 02-03-2006 at 21:21.

Thread Information