70's Disco!

hi and welcome to this wonderful forumn. you should get a acoount at nowhere radio to post your stuff.(just a suggestion).
we all use it. anyway wow you dont hear much disco on here. i like the song its kinda cool for disco. i cant comment to deeply on the mix because of my crappy pc speakers i listen thru. i think it could use a little mixing help but i will leave it up to the pros on here to help you with that, they all have good monitors. anyway thanks for sharing and i hope you find this site as useful as i have. god bless tim pate

dang. that site you had posted at "gave up the ghost" at 93% on the download. I`ll check it again later on.

Flash2face!
Thanx for warm welcome.Yes I hope this forum will help us to answer our everyday questions:)
May be we have to send our trax to nowhere radio ,but it was very hard to post them there ,we wait almost 4 hours and sent 15megs and nothing happened.May be the track was uploaded and uploaded again and again?

Nelly

hi nelly, i hope this dont sound to dumb but did you convert it to a mp3 first becuase if you didnt it will just sit there and keep going. i hope that is all it was,if so then its a easy fix.if not im sorry im not trying to make you feel dumb or nothing like that just wanna help you out if i can.

cool i kinda figure you had converted it but somtimes the simplest things are not so obvious. nowhere has been having problems because of server i guess so that may be the problem. let me know what you find out. god bless tim pate

good disco mix overall. Some really good programming, singing, and playing. I haven`t listened to any of that type in several years so my opinion is a little old. :)
In the first movement before the bridge there is a sample of something that goes "ahhhhooooooww" used at the hook end of each line. That one part seems a little too strong and conflicts with the singing. I`d bring the bass up a little and roll off justa tad of the lows and let the kick show up a lil more. After the bridge the horns are a little too soft for me. In the 2nd movement after the bridge, when the vamp out begins, the synth and percussion and voices seem to be kinda wrestling for dominance.

flash2ace said:
nowhere has been having problems because of server i guess so that may be the problem. let me know what you find out. god bless tim pate

Well we just uploaded some trax there.Hurray!But how you can check it?Excuse me for question ,but we are very new to that system?

Cheers!

nelly

Toki987 said:
good disco mix overall. Some really good programming, singing, and playing. I haven`t listened to any of that type in several years so my opinion is a little old. :)
In the first movement before the bridge there is a sample of something that goes "ahhhhooooooww" used at the hook end of each line. That one part seems a little too strong and conflicts with the singing. I`d bring the bass up a little and roll off justa tad of the lows and let the kick show up a lil more. After the bridge the horns are a little too soft for me. In the 2nd movement after the bridge, when the vamp out begins, the synth and percussion and voices seem to be kinda wrestling for dominance.

Thanx for listening!You explain very detailed everything!Tell me how they make it to sound so huge!We listened today the last TOTO album and they have so many instruments inside and everything sounds good ,you can hear everything!How they make the sound fat and tight????We will try to master a little bit to solve some of the problems in Mid freq..

Regards!

Nelly

Toto was fortunate to have some of the best engineering, production, mastering, and equipment that could be purchased. On the very last album the drummer had been dead for quite some time before it was put together. It took a tremendous amount of work with different folks input to patch and align things together and re-record some parts prior to the release. This resulted in a change in sound from some songs to the next, as well as hearing songs that were from different periods of Toto`s development. The album prior to that most likely is the one your speaking of. It was flawless from the 1st groove to the last..and beautifully retained the same taste and aroma all the way thru it. I'm quite sure Toto developed their sound by familiarity and constancy with their engineering, production and mastering. Much the same as yours improves each time you take a careful listen as you described in your above post. Providing your make adjustment as a result of the critical listen. Good Luck! :)

Toki987 said:
Toto was fortunate ... Providing your make adjustment as a result of the critical listen. Good Luck! :)

Dear Toki!
I hope that in a few decades we'll be as fortunate /with you as a sound engineer/ as Toto are now...
Or let's hope that this time can come earlier - depends of how quick we can learn and develop our listening, playing... our music. Thank you for your time!

Nelly

Hey Nelly,
COOL stuff man! This is a nice addition to the clinic for sure. Sounds like a track off of a Cool and the gang LP. The mix sounded good at the puter here at work..... Something didnt seem to blend well with the vocs, but it might be my listening source.... ....Im gonna have to hit this from home.
g

although it was a long wait, but this is definitely worth the wait. I love the vox and the effects used on them. Nice mix overall, too.

Can't find anything negative to say, it's just groovy!!:D

AL

Easy Feeling will be played in Chicago!

Hi ,guys !

Tonight DJ Sean Sounds will play Easy Feeling in Relax club/Chicago!
So we will have info how it sounds on a big PA system!

Thanx for your listening-could we share more?

Hey ,Guernica -did you listen it at home?

Regards!

Donny

Twisting :)

Hi, Twist!
Thanx for yo' time!
To yo' question:
we don't have a bass player in the band, so we invited a friend who's a bass player and he did it for us. The guitar and the vox were recorded at home. Some of the percussions were played earlier /in a studio/ by our guitar player for another song, but he played then more, so we could have a material to choose from...
The voice was recorded with SM 58 directly connected to Korg Triton using it's effects. The TC finalizer also helped us a lot :)

Cheers!

Nelly & Donny
POPCORN

www.popcorn.dir.bg

Hey Nelly,
Yeah, it was the source:rolleyes: :) These vocs sound great man. That puter at work is way mid heavy, as most computer speakers are.... ...and it threw the vocs way up front.
This is great stuff man. If i had to really nit, I would say that the bass and main drums were a touch too over-compressed. ...might be a preference thing though.
.......very nice work man, looking forward to hearing more:)
g

Guernica said:
Yeah, it was the source:rolleyes: :) These vocs sound great man. That puter at work is way mid heavy, as most computer speakers are....and it threw the vocs way up front. This is great stuff man. If i had to really nit, I would say that the bass and main drums were a touch too over-compressed. ...might be a preference thing though. very nice work man, looking forward to hearing more:) g

Guernica, thanx!
I agree with you we have to master the song, so it can help the
low ends to sound better... Maybe then the vocs will sound softer
on yo' speakers ;)

Cheers!
Nelly & Donny

www.popcorn.dir.bg

Oh my!!!!

That was great!!!!
Excellent!
Being 37 years old and from Miami.... well, .. I was a Disco head back then.

That was some really cool stuff!!!
On my work PC speakers it sounds great, I'll give it another listen when I get home tonight.

ELF

Back