4 new songs from my indie rock band

hey guys, i tryed posting this a few days ago but for some reason it wasnt showing up , so here goes again.

I recorded these songs about a month ago with a band that i started. Im really looking to see what you guys think about them (writing, sound, stuff like that). We plan on putting these out on our album but i might mix them a little bit more before i do. not sure.

Anyways, just tell me what you guys think and i'll be happy to answer any questions you have. Thanks for reading.

the songs are on the page:

Thanks alot.

Last edited:
Hi,

On this forum it would be more appropriate to pick just one of your tracks and ask people to review that. Anything they then choose to listen or comment on is a bonus.

However i listened to Homecoming. The recording on the whole was good. I thought the guitar particulary the strummed parts felt a bit thin. I found the symbols a little bright and they seemed to clash with the guitar.

I liked the song, it has a moody 90's indie echo and the bunnymen vibe.

Good work.

Regards
J Mac

Hi J Mac, thanks for the reply. And yes, I do notice what you are talking about, in regards to the guitars and cymbals and I do plan on doing a little bit more mixing on these tracks before I put them out on cd so I will probably cut a few highs or boost just a little bit of low-mids to help the guitars and cymbals. Thanks again for the reply and take care.

Last edited:
I like the mix..everything sits well. Nice job, especially if really done by a home recording process..

but the songs....Death Cab anyone?

I like the wide stereo imagine on the mixes. Maybe lower the snare a tiny bit on slower parts and bring up the guitars a little.

Your Lips are Blue - the cymbals are a bit harsh they could be toned down a bit.

The chord progression is really good - lends itself to many melodic interpretations for melody line and leads.

It sounds like there are vocals trying to come through the mix but never quite make it - is there vocals on this?

I downloaded and found the sound quality a bit better - MySpace really doesn't seem to stream with really great sound quality......

ido1957

:D :) :D :) :D

ido1957 - hey thanks for listening man, and the lips are blue sample that you heard is the studio mix that i recorded with me playing all the stuff to give to my band to learn and we made a better mix than that. but i get what your saying and im sure we fixed that in the new mix. thanks again

guitarmonkus - hey man, yeah death cab is a big part of my influence along with other strong influences like Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Oasis, Beatles and the Killers. However i don’t try to copy them, although i was writing songs just like this way before i knew who death cab was, so i relate to them a lot. If anything, my style of writing came from being obsessed with the Beatles and loving the way they wrote music and from that i devolved my own little style but im sure if you put these songs in genre order, then death cab, snow patrol and Beatles would probably be close by. Thanks for the reply man.

Homecoming - vocals not out enough most of the time.
- maybe my ears were playing tricks but I thought I heard some guitar tuning issues in the latter half of the song.

If I have a chance later I will listen to the other tunes.

hey David thanks for the reply. Yea, in the first mix i put out of this song, i noticed one of the guitars were out of tune, so i cut that section out and re-recorded a guitar that i had just tuned and that took care of most of it, but i think i know what spot you are talking about and i might change that later but it's not that noticeable unless your listening for it like someone like me or you would do and im really just going for a basic indie recording kind of sound. And about the vocals, I might push them up a little bit more, but every system I’ve played it on, the vocals seem to stand out fine, so it might just be a matter of taste but i will look into it, and thanks again for replying.

Take Care

Last edited:
Back