33 Second Death/Speed Metal!

STAT1STICK

I recorded this just to see if I could do it. Anyone here who knows my music, knows that this isn't the style I usually play. There is no bass... But it's kind of okay. I think it's funny because it's so far away from what I usually do... Go ahead and give it a listen. It's only 33 seconds. Here's the link: http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=3285

Enjoy!

hehe thats pretty sweet. it sounds like youve triggered a synth tamborine to somthing. pretty epic metal. needs some lyrics about riding a dragon.

Thanks! I totally agree about the dragon lyrics... I would never make this kind of music seriously... I was just playing around. It's good to know that I can play other styles if I need to.

Thanks for listening.

Seriously, I actually really enjoyed that.

The "hi hat" needs to come down. Sweet song though. I hate death metal, but that was pleasurable.

seansigep said:
Seriously, I actually really enjoyed that.

The "hi hat" needs to come down. Sweet song though. I hate death metal, but that was pleasurable.

Thanks for listening. You know... I really don't like Death Metal all that much either but I saw it as something I had never done before and I went for it. I like to take on new challenges. I think I pulled it off nicely. I'm not sure if I agree about the hi hat, though. To me, it sounds fine. Not that I'm putting down your input or anything... I just don't see it as a problem.

Anyway, thanks again.

STAT1STICK said:
I recorded this just to see if I could do it. Anyone here who knows my music, knows that this isn't the style I usually play. There is no bass... But it's kind of okay. I think it's funny because it's so far away from what I usually do... Go ahead and give it a listen. It's only 33 seconds. Here's the link: http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=3285

Enjoy!

The attack on the rhythm guitar is brutal, I would like to hear the lead more up front in the mix!

Let's hear the finished product!, it should be good! :)

No no no! You guys don't understand! There is ONLY 33 seconds. There is no "whole song" and no lyrics. I only recorded this to see if I could do it. I wanted to know if I had it in me. Since I'm more of a Metal/Industrial person, this was quite a change for me. Does that make sense?

So, knowing that now... How did I do? Did I get the whole feel of that genre? I dunno... I guess the whole idea is kinda stupid... Leaving your normal scene to see if you can do something else.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

The rhythm guitar tone is my biggest problem with this ditty. It's too up front and is kind of brittle. The harmonies sound like guitar tracks being fast-forwarded when it picks up. Pretty cheap drum sounds as well. To be (overly) technical, you should alter your noise gate settings because the amp's buzz is audible for a second after the intro guitars cut out.

Sorry if I am coming across as a know-it-all jerk here, but I listen to a decent amount of speed/power/death metal and am simply giving my opinion of what I think is lacking in this ditty. Perhaps you should stick with your bread and butter :).

STAT1STICK said:
No no no! You guys don't understand! There is ONLY 33 seconds. There is no "whole song" and no lyrics. I only recorded this to see if I could do it. I wanted to know if I had it in me. Since I'm more of a Metal/Industrial person, this was quite a change for me. Does that make sense?

So, knowing that now... How did I do? Did I get the whole feel of that genre? I dunno... I guess the whole idea is kinda stupid... Leaving your normal scene to see if you can do something else.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Well, being someone who has been into this music for the better part of his life....I don't think you're gonna find out if you've really "got it in you" with a 33 second clip. :D Haha, do some growling over the top of that and we'll see if you've really got it!
It's a nice effort, you're not making Trey Azagthoth sweat or anything, but it was cool. ;)

Hey, it sounded cool, like it would fit right in to a video game soundtrack, like maybe a boss battle fighting some weird huge evil thing. :D But as far as speed metal, I really can't call it that...The guitar is good, fast, and melodic, as well as obviously coming from a skilled guitarist, BUT...To me, you just can't have speed/death/or my favorite, melodic black metal, without some kick ass drums. Coming from a real drummer. You said you were more into industrial, so I'll compliment you on a nice use of electronic percussion. I'm definitely going to put this on a CD :D

P.S.-If you can play something like that for 10 minutes straight, then maybe I would say that you had the hang of it, but until then...Don't get any tatoos with skulls and shit! lmao :eek:

Grey Angel said:
Hey, it sounded cool, like it would fit right in to a video game soundtrack, like maybe a boss battle fighting some weird huge evil thing. :D But as far as speed metal, I really can't call it that...The guitar is good, fast, and melodic, as well as obviously coming from a skilled guitarist, BUT...To me, you just can't have speed/death/or my favorite, melodic black metal, without some kick ass drums. Coming from a real drummer. You said you were more into industrial, so I'll compliment you on a nice use of electronic percussion. I'm definitely going to put this on a CD :D

P.S.-If you can play something like that for 10 minutes straight, then maybe I would say that you had the hang of it, but until then...Don't get any tatoos with skulls and shit! lmao :eek:

Wow! You are one of the people that actually got it! You saw what I was trying to do and you nailed it! Thank you! I love the video game idea. It's funny that you mention that because a lot of my music is inspired by video game music. Thanks for putting it on a CD. I love it when people do that with my music.

Why do people always have to take things so seriously?! Where's your sense of humor? It's obvious I didn't care enough for the song to make it a full blown metalfest. The 33 seconds part should have been your first clue. Anyway... Thanks to everyone who listened.

I wish I could say that making this song was a blast... But I can't. I just don't have the stamina to play that fast for that long at 200 bpm.

STAT1STICK said:
Wow! You are one of the people that actually got it! ...........

Why do people always have to take things so seriously?! Where's your sense of humor?.......

I wish I could say that making this song was a blast... But I can't. I just don't have the stamina to play that fast for that long at 200 bpm.

Okay...I'm puzzled now....

Apart from the troll......who was taking you too seriously? If I was taking this too seriously, I would have said something like "It is rediculous to presume to have a grasp of extreme metal after simply throwing together a 30 second chord progression with no real "extreme metal" substance". So....barring that, how did you expect us to receive you? :confused:

I saw a few compliments, then I saw a couple people responding to your question "Did I capture the feel of the genre?". My honest answer to that would probably be ....."not really"..... but you obviously didn't want an honest answer to that because that would mean I was taking you "too seriously"..... :confused:

I thought it was cool that you ventured into the genre just a little to see what it was like. And I for one was not taking this too seriously. I was, however, trying to give you an honest answer to your question, I hope you didn't take that as an insult. ;)

Good Day. :p

metalhead28 said:
Okay...I'm puzzled now....

Apart from the troll......who was taking you too seriously? If I was taking this too seriously, I would have said something like "It is rediculous to presume to have a grasp of extreme metal after simply throwing together a 30 second chord progression with no real "extreme metal" substance". So....barring that, how did you expect us to receive you? :confused:

I saw a few compliments, then I saw a couple people responding to your question "Did I capture the feel of the genre?". My honest answer to that would probably be ....."not really"..... but you obviously didn't want an honest answer to that because that would mean I was taking you "too seriously"..... :confused:

I thought it was cool that you ventured into the genre just a little to see what it was like. And I for one was not taking this too seriously. I was, however, trying to give you an honest answer to your question, I hope you didn't take that as an insult. ;)

Good Day. :p

I was talking more about the people waiting to hear the whole song... And the people who were analyzing the sound of the guitar. I was just having some fun. I guess I should have said that before...

STAT1STICK said:
Wow! You are one of the people that actually got it! You saw what I was trying to do and you nailed it! Thank you! I love the video game idea. It's funny that you mention that because a lot of my music is inspired by video game music. Thanks for putting it on a CD. I love it when people do that with my music.

Why do people always have to take things so seriously?! Where's your sense of humor? It's obvious I didn't care enough for the song to make it a full blown metalfest. The 33 seconds part should have been your first clue. Anyway... Thanks to everyone who listened.

For what it was I did like it. But if your trying to compare it to death metal, that can not be done as it is not death metal.

Peter

STAT1STICK said:
I was talking more about the people waiting to hear the whole song... And the people who were analyzing the sound of the guitar. I was just having some fun. I guess I should have said that before...

Having fun with playing this kind of music is fun. I guess that yeah, maybe you should ahve said it was only the 33 seconds, no more and no less. I thought you wanted to know if it was a great death/black metal sample. Over all it was good. If you wanted to do more I would listen. I am jsut a straight up death metal fan and have a good idea of what death metal should and does sound like.

Peter

Back