Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: 33 Second Death/Speed Metal!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX
    Age
    37
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    380586

    33 Second Death/Speed Metal!

    Sign in to disable this ad
    I recorded this just to see if I could do it. Anyone here who knows my music, knows that this isn't the style I usually play. There is no bass... But it's kind of okay. I think it's funny because it's so far away from what I usually do... Go ahead and give it a listen. It's only 33 seconds. Here's the link: http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=3285

    Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    155
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    hehe thats pretty sweet. it sounds like youve triggered a synth tamborine to somthing. pretty epic metal. needs some lyrics about riding a dragon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX
    Age
    37
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    380586
    Thanks! I totally agree about the dragon lyrics... I would never make this kind of music seriously... I was just playing around. It's good to know that I can play other styles if I need to.

    Thanks for listening.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Funky Town (Fort Worth) Texas Y'all
    Age
    37
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    154
    Seriously, I actually really enjoyed that.

    The "hi hat" needs to come down. Sweet song though. I hate death metal, but that was pleasurable.
    My gear (hahaha): Schecter Gryphon, Cort Acoustic, Schecter Custom-5 bass, CAD C195, MXL 990 and 991, Behringer XENYX 1204FX, Behringer V-Amp 2, Behringer FCA 202 firewire audio interface, EMU PM5 nearfields, Dell 2.0 ghz, Adobe Audition 1.5.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX
    Age
    37
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    380586
    Quote Originally Posted by seansigep
    Seriously, I actually really enjoyed that.

    The "hi hat" needs to come down. Sweet song though. I hate death metal, but that was pleasurable.
    Thanks for listening. You know... I really don't like Death Metal all that much either but I saw it as something I had never done before and I went for it. I like to take on new challenges. I think I pulled it off nicely. I'm not sure if I agree about the hi hat, though. To me, it sounds fine. Not that I'm putting down your input or anything... I just don't see it as a problem.

    Anyway, thanks again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Land Of Oz!
    Age
    53
    Posts
    19,839
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    11505665
    Quote Originally Posted by STAT1STICK
    I recorded this just to see if I could do it. Anyone here who knows my music, knows that this isn't the style I usually play. There is no bass... But it's kind of okay. I think it's funny because it's so far away from what I usually do... Go ahead and give it a listen. It's only 33 seconds. Here's the link: http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=3285

    Enjoy!
    The attack on the rhythm guitar is brutal, I would like to hear the lead more up front in the mix!



    Let's hear the finished product!, it should be good!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    517
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    99
    More of a Black Metal sound than Death Metal. I did like it though. Post a full song with lyrics if you get time.

    Peter
    My Death Metal Band - Bloodsoaked
    More Bloodsoaked Music - Brutal Death Metal

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX
    Age
    37
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    380586
    No no no! You guys don't understand! There is ONLY 33 seconds. There is no "whole song" and no lyrics. I only recorded this to see if I could do it. I wanted to know if I had it in me. Since I'm more of a Metal/Industrial person, this was quite a change for me. Does that make sense?

    So, knowing that now... How did I do? Did I get the whole feel of that genre? I dunno... I guess the whole idea is kinda stupid... Leaving your normal scene to see if you can do something else.

    Anyway, thanks for listening.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,190
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    10329
    The rhythm guitar tone is my biggest problem with this ditty. It's too up front and is kind of brittle. The harmonies sound like guitar tracks being fast-forwarded when it picks up. Pretty cheap drum sounds as well. To be (overly) technical, you should alter your noise gate settings because the amp's buzz is audible for a second after the intro guitars cut out.

    Sorry if I am coming across as a know-it-all jerk here, but I listen to a decent amount of speed/power/death metal and am simply giving my opinion of what I think is lacking in this ditty. Perhaps you should stick with your bread and butter .
    [B][COLOR=DarkRed]Listen to my songs at[/COLOR]:[/B]
    [url]http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/discography.php?aid=2076[/url]
    [B][/B]
    The purpose of a cable is to get stuck under everything in its path.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,836
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    1371382
    Quote Originally Posted by STAT1STICK
    No no no! You guys don't understand! There is ONLY 33 seconds. There is no "whole song" and no lyrics. I only recorded this to see if I could do it. I wanted to know if I had it in me. Since I'm more of a Metal/Industrial person, this was quite a change for me. Does that make sense?

    So, knowing that now... How did I do? Did I get the whole feel of that genre? I dunno... I guess the whole idea is kinda stupid... Leaving your normal scene to see if you can do something else.

    Anyway, thanks for listening.
    Well, being someone who has been into this music for the better part of his life....I don't think you're gonna find out if you've really "got it in you" with a 33 second clip. Haha, do some growling over the top of that and we'll see if you've really got it!
    It's a nice effort, you're not making Trey Azagthoth sweat or anything, but it was cool.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tip for recording Death Metal guitar on a Tascam 414, I discovered
    By Lucifer Gabrielle in forum Guitars and Basses
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 23:10
  2. METAL METAL METAL and more METAL!!!
    By thajeremy in forum MP3 Mixing Clinic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 02:31
  3. "Killing You" hits #1 (Death Metal)
    By Bloodsoaked in forum Marketing Your Music / Publicity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 16:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •