3 Fingerstyle Guitar Tunes need help

Dadgad

Hello all, I'm new to the group, and, right off the bat, posted in the wrong sub-forum! Folks were kind enough to point me here to the MP3 clinic. Here are 3 (of 14) tunes I want to put on CD-R. These have no eq or compression. I used Audacity to edit, H4n to record, using AT Pro 37s plus the internal mics. No overdub or other instruments, just one guitar. I want to add reverb, and anything else I can to add some thickness and presence. Maybe just a hint of delay on the Sonoma track. I don't have any software to do this. I can't get my Audacity to work with the plug-ins. Any suggestions for simple to use software that is cheap and includes reverb and delay and eq would be helpful, as well as overall comments of the recording. I have a decent ear for what sounds good, so I can contribute to the forum by listening to your work also.
thanks
John

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=965533&content=music

This truly sounds wonderful. I'm listening to the 2nd tune, Journey Home. I'm not so sure you need to add anything else. It sounds like you've got a nice recording just as it is. Very rich and full.

You said you have the H4n and if I'm not mistaken, it comes with Cubase LE. That's all the software you need. It will have eq, dynamics and time based plugs and they aren't too shabby, either.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Chili for the complement. I think on their own they sound OK at 256kps, but in comparison to professional recordings of folks like Kottke, Bensusan, Juber, etc, there is no comparison. No doubt they work with the best studios their record labels can afford. I love your song, La Brisa, But I'm a sucker for songs about boats and schooners. I like that on that track, your voice is out front more.

I downloaded Reaper.... I'll need some time to dive-in,,,,,I'm finally comfortable with Audacity. I can see Reaper has more to it than Audacity but it's a lot of learning,,,,I couldn't even figure out how to import my song to work on,,,
tough day
thanks all

Thanks Chili for the complement. I think on their own they sound OK at 256kps, but in comparison to professional recordings of folks like Kottke, Bensusan, Juber, etc, there is no comparison. No doubt they work with the best studios their record labels can afford. I love your song, La Brisa, But I'm a sucker for songs about boats and schooners. I like that on that track, your voice is out front more.

I downloaded Reaper.... I'll need some time to dive-in,,,,,I'm finally comfortable with Audacity. I can see Reaper has more to it than Audacity but it's a lot of learning,,,,I couldn't even figure out how to import my song to work on,,,
tough day
thanks all

I've got my one obligatory Kottke cd. :D I don't know the others. :rolleyes: Thanks for listening to La Brisa. That's my sailboat.... for sale.... in virginia. :(

I recommend taking the time to get over the steep learning curve of Reaper and other DAW's. It will be worth it when you want to do more. Plus you get to use VST plugs and there's a plethora of free ones on the internet. Check out the Kjaerhus Classic Series. The reverb and compressor plugs are pretty decent.

http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php

peace.

Very good fingerstyle playin'! Reminds me of some of the Narada artists. As for my recording method, I don't care too much for recording on a computer so I use a standalone Fostex recorder, Behringer mixer, and a couple of Behringer mics, but that's what works for me.

Excellent guitar playing!
I don't think the recordings need anything, they sound very clear. What guitar is that? Nice work!

Joey :):):):)

i really liked this. it was easy to listen to and yet had strange tempo changes. very full sounding guitar sounds great for what you're trying to do. nice work

Back