3 Final Mixes Up

3 very good sounding tunes neighbour. they all sound radio ready to me. I thought the 1st song ended a little abrubtly (nothing to hide) but some songs do that. Good work man!

vox,

Sounds mint. I would say these are ready. Did you remix "in my head"? It sounds better. As I said before, ready for the radio bro!

Just remember, "Stay away from my girl!" ;)

coool.

later.

your life story:

half decent intro, but seems disassociated with the rest of the song...even though I hear the same percussion in the acoustic sections. When the song kicks in (and the verses), I like it VERY much...especially the clear elec. gtr sound. I do not like the ac. gtr transisition. ..because, the bass drops out, and the acoustic playing seems stiff (straight time)...and it sounds like the song drops a level in production, volume, feel, etc. I think I see where you want to take these sections, but the flow seems interupted...like I say, it goes down a notch, and I don't think that is what you intended.
Your crunch gtr sound is decent, and is what you like, as previously stated. However, I am starting to find it a little loud, and on the mid-rangy side, and think that if it could be more blended into the basic tracks, it would smooth out the song a bit more. Almost a tad more "crunch", and a more compressed sound would be MY preference. Your gtr solo is nice, and starts off in a very nice direction, but there is a strange note/clash when you bend your last note upwards...it seems to "tug" against your rhy. gtr....and you need to bend a little quicker, and up just a oompff more. I feel we have some common ideas in song production, and I pretty much like what you do...especially ending with a looooong fade too. I've noticed some people's fades are cut off at the end...I'll blame it on something other than the mix.

mixmkr said:
your life story:

half decent intro, but seems disassociated with the rest of the song...even though I hear the same percussion in the acoustic sections. When the song kicks in (and the verses), I like it VERY much...especially the clear elec. gtr sound. I do not like the ac. gtr transisition. ..because, the bass drops out, and the acoustic playing seems stiff (straight time)...and it sounds like the song drops a level in production, volume, feel, etc. I think I see where you want to take these sections, but the flow seems interupted...like I say, it goes down a notch, and I don't think that is what you intended.
Your crunch gtr sound is decent, and is what you like, as previously stated. However, I am starting to find it a little loud, and on the mid-rangy side, and think that if it could be more blended into the basic tracks, it would smooth out the song a bit more. Almost a tad more "crunch", and a more compressed sound would be MY preference. Your gtr solo is nice, and starts off in a very nice direction, but there is a strange note/clash when you bend your last note upwards...it seems to "tug" against your rhy. gtr....and you need to bend a little quicker, and up just a oompff more. I feel we have some common ideas in song production, and I pretty much like what you do...especially ending with a looooong fade too. I've noticed some people's fades are cut off at the end...I'll blame it on something other than the mix.

Can't say I agree with alot of that... but I appreciate your honesty... And just cause "I" dont' agree with it, doesn't mean the rest of the work agrees with me...

You may have a point.... Maybe Im the dirty one here...

Thanks for the insight.. Your an awesome Critiquer!,,,

Joe

B.SABBATH said:
vox,

Sounds mint. I would say these are ready. Did you remix "in my head"? It sounds better. As I said before, ready for the radio bro!

Just remember, "Stay away from my girl!" ;)

coool.

later.

I didn't really remix it.. but I changed the reverb over the whole mix in the mastering stage, and added a tad of bottom end to make it more punchy...

i like best

I really like "in your head", it is a cracker of a song. When you do the singing in the chorus especially it sounds pro. Almost like that kind of early ninties stuff. Bon Jovi style. I heard a rumour it was 75 layers, say its so man. Thats passion!

What are you working on now, do an accoustic number with strings and loads of vocals. That would sound ace.

Take care

Cooper

Yeah It's "so".. :D

Thanks for your compliments... When you mentioned the Acoustic thing with strings and lots of vocal layers.. Def Leppards "Two Steps Behind" came to mind... that one was sweet!..

Stay tuned... Im might do something down that alley sometime in the future...

Thanks for listening.. Joe

Back