2 songs from my band, feedback please!

RyanHubris

So I'm recording a bunch of songs from my band that will eventually end up as a full length, and would like some feedback on them so far as far as mixing goes. The sound I'm going for is pretty vintage like the Beatles, fused with futuristic sounds of modern bands like Broken Social Scene. Thanks a bunch!

Nice intro on the first tune. I can barely hear the vocals at all. The mix either sounds a bit too compressed, or something's holding it back, maybe not enough high end. But to me, the main thing is getting those vocals up, they're inaudible. And it sounds like a great, Beatlish tune, so I'd love to hear that vocal more.

RAMI said:
Nice intro on the first tune. I can barely hear the vocals at all. The mix either sounds a bit too compressed, or something's holding it back, maybe not enough high end. But to me, the main thing is getting those vocals up, they're inaudible. And it sounds like a great, Beatlish tune, so I'd love to hear that vocal more.
Ah I get that a lot. I'm def. remember to boost them up, thanks.

Any thing else?

cool drums, i like the compression as an effect on the 1st one, but more vox level needed. that's pretty cool tho. drumming is loose and creative.

damn, second one is really good, still need higher vox levl in mix, seriously, and more great drumming!

Back