2 pop songs; please listen

hmmmm. sorry guys. the sight's under a lot of construction. maybe that's why we can't reach it presently.

thanks for trying. i'll get back w/ ya.

m

I listened to Angles on the Scene.

Nice music. I liked the harmonies and the overall feel of it. I liked the acoustic guitar sound. I liked the vocal tone throughout. Big sound - plenty loud.

The spot where the big sound kicked in at 1:20 was cool, but it seemed a little late in the tune to get the best effect out of it. Maybe put the first two verses together (without a chorus) and kick it in at the second verse. Or just kick it in during the first chorus. Just thoughts.

Maybe a little too loud in the midrange. Vocals in spots were a little tough to hear. The drum intro and outro was a little on the harsh side.

A very minor vocal sync issue at about :52 (the telephone voice doesn't come in at the same time as the main vocal. Again, very minor. Almost not worth mentioning.

Nice song.

angels on the scene

Really nice feel. The song progresses and builds and kind of flowers unexpectedly; I like that. The bass is a tad boomy, and I agree with MMM that the field gets kinda crowded in the middle. I would experiment with panning, eq and plain ol' volume. Vocal definitely gets swallowed at times. I like the vocal tone, but at times I thought I was hearing different effects; like first reverb, then delay....not sure...

I won't say anything about the haircut;)

thanks for listening folks. i agree, the vox are a bit buried at times. i've never really liked my voice that much.

good input about kick-in moments too.

any other comments would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again.

m

Back