2 new songs up ....

Gabriel_0

Ok, got my 1st 2 originals up on the web.

The 1st one still has the groove track (still can't decide if I'll be using Drum Core or EZ drummer on this one, and I'm still laying down the lead tracks for it.
I'm not very happy with the mixes, especially the second one, "Waves In your Eyes". I'm having a bitch of a time getting the right balance on all the instruments.

Would really appreciate some feedback from you guys....:o

http://www.guitaristworks.com/gabriel sabadi/

I listened to Don't stare.

I'm not sure what you're going for here. It just sounds like someone playing a string synth over a very quiet drum loop, that fades away almost completely at times. Personally I like the drums more in the face

Yea drums need to be more up front...unless they were just being used to keep time... Interesting song tho. Everything seems to fit except drums are too far back.

-jD

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the drum loop was /is only used for a click trick track (I hate metronomes) till I figured out which drum program I'm going to use. I've decided on EZ Drummer for this song and am slowly building it up one bar at a time...lol. Please Don't Stare is mainly an Atmospheric?soundtrack sounding bit I guess. I've always been a Brian Eno fan so I guess that's where those ideas came from. It wasn't meant to be complicated, just easy listening ambient music.

The main song I really wanted feedback on though was Waves in your Eyes. That song is pretty much complete. Might throw in a few lead hooks here and there, but if you really want drums in your face, thats the song to listen to. Problem I'm having is with the actual mix in Waves. At the last 3 minutes during the outro, there is so much going on it sounds to my ears like a jumbeled mess. Would REALLY appreciate some advice on that one.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen and critique.

Gabriel

Back