Thread: 2 new songs posted, have a listen please.

Thanks

2 new songs posted, have a listen please.

Sign in to disable this ad
    http://members.cox.net/dsmall3/dans_mp3s.htm

Break of Dawn and No Espanol are both new. Neither are quite finished, but they are close. Still needs percussion and a some extra guitar work.

Break of Dawn is a melancholy accoustic song mainly about the vocal.

No Espanol is a quirky funk song about a night at a strip joint.

Check it let me know what you think.

Thanks
    Kind of a Pink Floyd feel, eh?

I'd like to hear some harmonies to trade off with the doubled vocals. Early on the doubled vocals go a little off. Either that, or the harmonies are off. I use Celemony's Melodyne for pitch correction and harmony generation. Neat software.

I like this kind of "airy" acoustic rock. Perhaps a little warm reverb might make it "dreamier". Thanks for sharing.

Marc

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moohead
    Kind of a Pink Floyd feel, eh?

I'd like to hear some harmonies to trade off with the doubled vocals. Early on the doubled vocals go a little off. Either that, or the harmonies are off. I use Celemony's Melodyne for pitch correction and harmony generation. Neat software.

I like this kind of "airy" acoustic rock. Perhaps a little warm reverb might make it "dreamier". Thanks for sharing.

Marc
    Thanks. I assume you are talking about Break of Dawn, which I do falter a bit on I think the end of the third verse. I haveto go back and redo that. I am recording everything with my BR1180 which is OK but doesn't have much in the way of warmth. There is a lot of reverb on a few of those tracks, but its just a crappy reverb..

Thanks
    Listened to Break of Dawn. It's got a realistic, unprocessed, unfiltered kind of sound that I like. Plus it's got nylon str guitar for the acoustic work, which I always like. The family gathering sound track at the beginning gives it an interesting setting. Might sound good to do a little leveling w/faders here and there and maybe a bit of gentle compression on the guitar and vocals. Thanks for posting.

Tim

Thanks
    Good stuff, nice writing.

BOD - the guitars are very boomy, but very good sound overall IMO.
    NE - Bass too loud and middy for my tastes. This one I would have to hear on other monitors to be sure though.

Thanks

Talking thanks

Thanks for all the comments. I am always happy just to know someone heard my music. But a few constructive criticisms and compliments really makes my day. If you like the tunes I would recommend one more on the page I posted, its called First Day of the Month. Thanks again, I'll be on th elookout for postings from you guys.

Thanks
    I thought overall break of dawn was great, very relaxing good mood etc. The chatter in the begging was a great touch, I don't know if you have tried it but you might want to try adding it into the end aswell. As its been said the higher voice is, at places, out of sync with the main vocal. Other than that great, it had a nice "good old song" quality to it. Nice Work!

Thread Information