2 more songs

I listened to downhill coaster. Nice guitar recording...rhythm and leads. Sounds good. I like the drums. I think they go with guitars well. I especially liked the way the feel changes throughout the song. Your "chops" are limited, but you are making the best of what you've got. To me, the overall recording of it all seems pleasent. Mix too.

Yeah, I redid the second guitar part today and its up now. It might be a little over the top? But I had fun.

FIRESOLE said:
I listened to downhill coaster. Nice guitar recording...rhythm and leads. Sounds good. I like the drums. I think they go with guitars well. I especially liked the way the feel changes throughout the song.

I have to agree. Very nice sound. The leads can be a bit busy at times which gave you a few bad tone spots. Overall I really like this a lot.

hey slkeen...

I listened to a couple of your songs, and I really liked them....they have a nice relaxing groove to 'em...

the recordings/mixes sound pretty good to me...on the downhill coaster song, I felt like the lead was a bit overbearing on the left side, but that might just be my headphones....the guitars have a good clean/crisp sound too them and are very nicely done, IMHO

I like the style though, good music to just sit back and relax too...

keep it up...

hey firesole, you found the chops to be limiting? i thought he was getting around pretty well... nor did i find the lead overbearing. I think if the lead was panned more to the centre of the mix it would be nice... an experiment maybe.
I like this kind of music, it is not the same old crap, and its someting you culd just put on and chill to.

I thnk firesole was referring to the first version of this which I changed right away, the leads were pretty thin, needed more practice. thanks for all the feedback and input. I've been home alot lately since I hurt my back and can't work right now, so instead of watchin TV, I play and record...I love it, just wish my back would stop hurting.

Back