2 more old songs.

Nice

Emeric,

Listened to Jazz 1. Nice sound and feel -- like a calm but sprightly variation of "Third Stone From the Sun." My guess on the time signature on that part is 15/8. That bit is the highlight of the tune.

Funk 3 has some nice stuff -- I really liked when that Stratty part came in shortly before the last part.

I like the way you sound... I think maybe we share a lot of influences.

What about some recent stuff? I'm dying to hear more.

-AlChuck

Ahh, nice extended jam in the third tune. I see your writing style has changed a little since then (whenever then was) but that emotion has carried into your current stuff. Not sure about the jazz time signature but it sounds like four measures of two alternating time signatures or a couple crazy bars of... um... 15/16

Both nice....15/? on the jazzy one....liked the tinny guitar counter rhythm on funk3, kinda like a funky banjo...nice sound from an 8 track on funk 3....the jazzy one done on the fostex had a weird volume fluctuation around 2: something...might have been the download or encoding......your playing was, as is today, awesome....gibs

AlChuck: Thanks for the listen. I think that was a japanese strat, or it was a washburn. All the other stuff on the site is relatively recent, but hope to get some recent recent stuff up soon. :)

Kaputo: I like putting in extended jam parts at the end of songs, don't know why - I better not do it too often or it's gonna be repetitive.

Gibs: Hey thanks! The dropout is probably from the cassette. It was transferred to a pretty crummy quality cassette from the 16 track (which I think may have been 1/2" fostex b16?) And a few generations later ended up on a hard drive.

Drstawl: I think you may be right that there is a slight time shift that makes it harder to count.

As for the time signature, your guess is as good as mine.

Emeric, I did like Funk 2, so I checked out Funk 3. Lotta space, and good bass sound. Love the opening bass line and subsequent guitar intro..........Ray J

Hey Ray J, thanks for listening. I got check some of your stuff out, among other people, I've been lazy lately... 56K is not a whole lot of incentive.

bball jones, Glad you like "All Away", not one i'm too fond of, but happy someone likes it :)

Back