1st three finished songs on upcoming album

RobbieL

mr. president
This is the first batch of songs I mixed for my band's upcoming album, "Civil Disobedience". I have already posted Wage Peace here before under a thread titled "Is this ready for mastering?" but this time I made some changes to the bass track so it sits a more comfortably in the mix. I've been working on the other two tracks since the beginning of August and I'm pretty confident in how they sound. Fair warning: there is a bass line mistake in Bystander that I'm going to auto-tune over the weekend. Other than that, everything is good to go. Comments are appreciated.

View attachment 05 wage peace mix test 8.mp3
View attachment 11 bystander acs mix test 2.mp3
View attachment 04 heroes at heart mix test 8.mp3

Last edited:
Wage Peace was too quiet to listen to.

Bystander was not quite as quiet. Vocals sound good. Bongos sounded good. Guitar could use a little more high end maybe.

To me the song could benefit by the addition of an instrument or harmony vocal starting with the second verse. As it is, it's up tempo-ish but real sparse. And it's that way the whole way through.

Some vocal pitchiness at 3:06. Might be some other spots, I'd didn't listen for that the whole way.

Also listened to Heros at Heart. Good singing. Good clear vocals.

The vocals are way louder than the instruments. The mix is a bit narrow during the verses. The extra stuff going on in the chorus widens it a bit.

Also listened to Heros at Heart. Good singing. Good clear vocals.

The vocals are way louder than the instruments. The mix is a bit narrow during the verses. The extra stuff going on in the chorus widens it a bit.
It was done that way for a reason. I wanted to enhance the contrast between the loud and quiet sections. Sometimes similar pan positions bore me.

Here's a re-upload of Wage Peace. Hopefully it's louder this time.

View attachment 05 wage peace mix test 8 1.mp3

Back