1st song!

op76

I finally got some piece of music done. Usually I get only 1 riff done and don´t know how to continue...

http://galileo.spaceports.com/~wsdome/en/kitara.htm

There are 3 pieces you´ll may want to listen...these are marked with *. If you have too little time or slow connection, take just the last one.

I would like to have some feedback, but not for the sounds (I know sounds are crappy). You can still give me some easy tips how to make sounds better.

That´s all, please be gentle :D (or I might burn my guitar)

Stuff:
Athlon XP1800(2000), 256M DDR333, sound card integrated on Epox 8K3A+ mainboard

Jackson Dinky rev, Zoom 505, Sonar2

I listened to your "first real song" selection. The chording is fairly standard but I personally love that chord structure. It always lends it self to a good verse/loud chorus combination. You have good tone and good overall sound going. There is still some mixing issues but I don't think you want to dive into that yet do you? Could use some spicing up, perhaps some synth strings/pads in the background during the chorus, that would really bring out the vocals when you get them in there as well.

I'm big on the whole verse/chorus thing. Alot of rock songs today seem to lose focus on what makes a song "catchy". (ie: hook) Keep going! You're on a good path if you ask me. :)

Thanx for that positive feedback. I agree that there could be some synths in chorus. This is after all just a sketch and when it´s ready it sounds a lot better (I hope).

nice work op76. i like the zoom stuff considering i use one to. i have a 606 and a gfx8. ok on with the important stuff. i second what was said with you chord structure alot of musicians have lost touch with the whole phrasing thing overall this is nice with nice sounds. good job tim pate

Good chops my friend. The first one I listened to was My Am. Kind of a Satriani feel. Nice little groove. My grips would be it was dominated by the drum machine and the lead was too far back in the mix.
Also listened to My First Real Piece ( I remember mine. What was her name??). Again, nice groove. Drum/bass relationship much better on this one mix wise but the crunch rhythm guitars are walking one the lead. It sounds like they may be fighting for space in the mix frequency wise. This can happen when you do multiple layers of guitars, rhythm and lead, with the same guitar and amp types and settings. It makes it hard to get the lead to stand out in the crowd, ya know what I mean? Good playing though. Not bad at all.

Very nice. The lead guit voice doesn't stand out enough. I don't know if it's a volume issue or frequency war thing?

Nice playing.

Joe

Track Rat said:
Good chops my friend. The first one I listened to was My Am. Kind of a Satriani feel. Nice little groove. My grips would be it was dominated by the drum machine and the lead was too far back in the mix.

I can´t do anything about this recording anymore...I accidentaly deleted this and have only this mp3 format. I might record it again. It´s nice that some of you listen also my other pieces.

I really don´t know what to do with this fuzzy guitar sound!? It seems that if I record more than one guitar, sound gets fuzzy. Only acoustic guitar sounds good. I tried to adjust this first real piece with Eq, but maybe I don´t have ear to do this right...or I´m just too busy (read lazy) :D

[edit] You´re first who said that it is Satriani feel...everyone I know thought that it´s Gary Moore´s song when I played it...I personally like both players [/edit]

I really don´t know what to do with this fuzzy guitar sound!?

Check out the tones on this unit!

http://www.tech21nyc.com/PSASnds.html

Your same chops with a quality guitar /amp over driven tone, or a quality direct sound like the above link would improve things quite a bit.

I agree with you that the tone sounds too synthetic. The playing is high quality, it deserves a complimenting tone.

Joe

2nd song ready...I´ll put it to my homepage now! (Maybe downloadable in hour or so)

Should be there now.

Last edited:
I asked this question along with my second song a couple of weeks ago.

Folks here would rather see a second thread started for a separate song.

Joe

Great tune!Even though I'm not big on instramentals this had a good drive and great licks in it.Fade at end was bad and the rythm guitar lacked balls.A fine 1st tune.Good work.Welcome back to page 1...

Back