1st idea for a vocal

guitarmonkus

I have this tune I've been messing with for a while, and I think I finally have some vocals to go over them. I would kind of like to know if I should keep working on them or go with what i have?

If you dudes have a second to check it out, it would be very helpful. Note: the song is called vocalidea1 (the last one) and I didn't start the vocals till 1:25, so if you feel like skipping ahead, feel free. THhey go all the way with a harmony that I don't know if it works or not.

I didn't worry about the vocals being strong, I just wanted to get the idea down.

www.purevolume.com/followthebirds

The vocal idea works as does the guitar but the stutter beat on the drum became a little annoying.

the vocal idea works, as does the harmony idea. you do need to work on the performance of it and on your singing in general though. i really liked it's potential. and the guitar line is cool as ray said, and i agree with him on the drums as well.

nicely done for a first time creating vocals :)

Hey thanks for the listen Rayc and Nicole. Do you think the drums wouldn't be as annoying if I changed the sounds or should the beat go as well?

Do you think the drums wouldn't be as annoying if I changed the sounds or should the beat go as well?
The drums are too different from the guitar and vocal phrasing. The drums are cool in of themselves but don't suit the song itself. It means a complete rerecording in many cases, as the song is based on the drums usually. The song is quite long, so consider trimming off the long intro, some in-beween sections and the ending to get it more toward 4 minutes. The guitar lines are pretty montonous, but the vocals jazz things up nicely, especially the harmony parts. Good start - keep us posted on the progress...:)

Thanks for the review dude. I'm definitely going to trim it down, I just wanted to get the vocals recorded before I forgot them. Thanks again.

Back