1991 digital recordings

FIRESOLE

New member here. I've been reading homerecording forums for months. This place is gr8! Excellent advice!

I thought I would post a link to songs that I recorded on an 8088 computer, 1st ever copy of cakewalk, 1st ever Roland mpu401 card for the computer,Yamaha RX11 drum machine, Yamaha DX7 kybd, real bass, real gtr., (SG Std), Peavey Mark iii 12 channel mixer, all to a Tascam Porta 1. Only 2 songs on the site are recorded that way. I want To and Lonely Boy. Just thought you guys would get a laugh.

www.CharlieThomas.socrazy.com/Mp3s

"I Want To"

Where's that hiss coming from - Where's the camera crew and the chick with the belt that's 6" wide? Phasy vocal thing... Still waiting for the quarterback of the football team to get into a fight with the well-meaning and slightly dorky regular guy until the football guy throws a punch and it lands on a wall, shattering his throwing hand. The dorky guy then takes over for the QB, wins the game, and tons of screaming girls throw themselves at him after the girl with the 6" belt sees this and starts walking away, the dorky QB leaps from the arms of everyone and runs to here and the finally end up in the throes of passion in...

Whoops - Song's over.

"Lonely Boy"

Ah - Earlier in the movie - The hallway scene at the high school - Girls in 6" belt walks by - Dorky guy gets shoved in locker by Burn Out Guy- At the guitar solo, he is let out of the locker to find Belt Girl leading the entire student body in synchronized dance in the hallway with colored flashing lights and all. QB of football team comes in during dance - Dancers continue as QB and BeltGirl run off together as Dorky Boy notices. DB falls back into locker that he was previously released from, door slams shut - Scene change -

Did I mention that these have that late 80's / early 90's teen "angst" movie feel to them?

Thanks for making me feel even older - :D

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

John. Thanks man. Hilarious! I laughed for a full minute and a half. I had no clue what I was doing back then. All I was tryin to do at the time was to get the stuff to work! Never mind the recording aspects. Also, these 2 songs are 4th generation.

Back