10,000 Hrs...

This is awesome dude. Really smooth groove and great flow. Lots of nuances with the subtle guitar and keyboard/piano flourishes. Impressive gear too. Looks like you are pretty serious about recording. This does not sound like the work of an amateur. How much did you sample? Do you do music full time or study music in school?

This is awesome dude. Really smooth groove and great flow. Lots of nuances with the subtle guitar and keyboard/piano flourishes. Impressive gear too. Looks like you are pretty serious about recording. This does not sound like the work of an amateur. How much did you sample? Do you do music full time or study music in school?

Good evening. First and foremost thanks for the gesture and your feedback.

Some of the sample is replayed and layered with library samples that I went back and did my best to blend.

The gear I started getting about 3-4 months ago and have been learning it's nuances. Honestly I'm a noob but I love the sound of 60's-80's rock. 80's synth. And 90's hip-hop where analog played a huge role.

I've been trying to chase the tone and feel ITB but I could never achieve it so I decided to sacrifice all my savings and get the gear that could help me achieve most of it and then go itb and mix and match what sounds good with what.

That's awesome. Sounds great. The samples sound amazing. Did you apply much EQ or fx in post, or are these all original sounding samples?

Recording chain:

GAP PRE 73 > GAP 2A > APOLLO X6 @ 96K

Mixing Chain

Lead vox: Hornet VU meter MK4, FF D's, Equivocate, Pro Q 3, BLA 172A

Chorus: Bussed to group channel. Pro Q3, VLA PRO 2

Drums: API Vision and Parallel with Distressor

Music: Light touch of eq 3.

Bass: GA2A sidechain.

Master buss: STAM SSL MK2 ( API MOD ON ). OZONE 9 ( THE FREE ONE ), Massey L2007

Back