1:48 Shortest tune to date!

SLuiCe

I laid this 2-tracker down after work today. Wrote the song in 1993 and I had it in my head at work so I figured what the hell...Someone might get a kick out of it. I kept it real dry (no effects) and real up close. And it's a weird little artsy sort of tune, believe it or not.

"The Play" (4th one down- I don't know how NWR determines song order...)

Wow dude! That is a really cool little ditty! Very quirky. Filled with angst...makes me a little uneasy. I love it!!! Awesome vocals! Great work!

TheRealWaldo said:
By track no. of course!

W.

Damn Vancouverans... :)

I just posted a new song, and it's the 4th one down. I'm not the brightest star in the sky, but am I missing something?

Also, while I have your attention, do you have a script or something that scans for web pages that say NWR or Nowhere Radio? I swear I could type nwr in letter 1/20th that size and you would know it.

I am in awe at your power.

Vancouver?

Anyways... Whatever you put in Track No. is how they are ordered.

So, if you put 1 in for the first one, 2 in for the second, 3 in for the third, then that's the order they are in!

W.

ahhh, indeed I'm not very bright.

But others were wondering too. I thought you were from Vanc. BC maybe?

Sounds cool,like something from a movie soundtrack.
I dig the dark jazz feel to it.

Mabey this will be the start of another 1.5 thread!:D

I enjoyed it,thanks,
Pete

Hey there Pete, thanks for checking this out. I was thinking of adding some jazzy drums and bass, maybe some other goofy instruments. It might be the first thing I've done that's less than 2 minutes long! I like the movie soundtrack idea.

Thanks Pete!

great little ditty!

I think going from this right into another song would be cool on your CD..

the recording sounds great too!

Very COOL man!!!!
I liked this ALOT man. This has kind of a "dark magician" kind of feel to it. Very focused song style. ...very cool. I could imagine this 5 minutes long..... gw/5

Very Cool:cool:

I could see this in a Broadway show, like Sweeney Todd, Little Shop of Horrors, something like that.

Twisted!!

sorry to hijack, but......

Hey man, remember me? You laid some vocals down on one of my tunes a while back. "Work a little harder" Anyway, I've scrapped the original and am just getting started redo'ing the whole damn thing in SONAR. So I was wondering if when I get done tracking maybe you want to do the vocals over too? Also I just finished another song (my first with SONAR) and It too sorely needs vocals. Anybody up to it? I won't post the link here because I've already done enough thread hijacking, I fear. If nothing else here's a "bump".

i really like this one. the vocal is outstanding imo. very present. very dry and up there. this is exactly the way i like vocals. man, you and dobro with the ultra clean recordings are blowing me away. i'm currently doing some construction to try to achieve this level of clean and dry. hope i'll get close!

i think this is my second favorite of yours.

I don't know a proper word to describe this song. I guess it would be goblinish :D Your voice really shines here. Even as short and minimalistic this is, it's very weird (in a good way) like all of your songs :D

Hmmmm...sounds like if you changed the acoustic to slap bass and had a little bit of southern twang to your voice it could be a Primus song.

Maybe I drink too much though
Beez

Back