would you guys mind listening to my first rough mix?

CDT-sHaG

This is my first stab at computer mixing so I really need some objective ears to give this a listen. This is one of three tunes we will use for demo purposes (for my band to get gigs with)

i recorded 2 acoustic guitar tracks, 1 bass guitar and my friend did the drums. I'm going to re-do the vocals (had a cold), so I took them out for this test mix. Everything was recorded with a yamaha AW16g and the the wav's were burned to CD and loaded into n-track studio.

There are no effects on anything. I did duplicate the kick and snare tracks and eq'd them slightly different than the recorded kick and snare. (no more than 3db to cut some mids, in sound forge 6.0) I blended these with the original tracks.

If anyone needs more information then I'll be glad to post it.

Thank for your time.

proud-192 bit/s mp3

edit: mix 2 (bumped solo guitar):
ProudMix2_NoVocals

Last edited:
oh, i should mention this i guess..

i did duplicate the main rhythm guitar track, spread the two tracks out in stereo and delayed one of them 0:00:01 sec. on the 2 solos at the end, i duplicated the 2nd guitar track and wiped out everything except the solo to boost it a bit without having to ride the fader..thanks.

sounds pretty damn good- think id like to hear the drums come foward a bit- bass sounds real nice- guitar sounds like a guitar- very clean- drums and vocal have alway been the biggest challenge for me-

carry on

by the way- theres an mp3 forum- thats probably a better place for this stuff- im sure youll get more responce over there

thanks, i posted over there asking about where to post this..seems i'm getting more responses there..I tried here since It was a rough mix and not a finished product or anything..my bad.

thanks again for your comments....I agree about the drums...

Back