Will this damage my Yorkvilles?

J Wah

I have a pair of Yorkville YSM1's, a Hafler P1500, and a Mackie 1202. Could I run an accoustic guitar with a pickup/mic and volcal mic through them for home practicing at low to mid volumes? I am without a pair or PA speakers at this time.

Nearfields monitors are NOT PA speakers and are not designed to function that way....... especially the smaller ones such as the Yorkies.

As long as your in the 85 to 90 db range there should be no load on the nearfields that are any different than in a mixing and recording situation. One of the song writers Im working for does this every Tuesday. Writing, recording and practicing all blurs together on some sessions. But absolutely do not attempt to use Nearfield as PA monitors for a band practice where the volumes are extreme... 100 db is gonna sound like crap on 6 inch anything. Keep that Hafler under control or youll blow the tweeter out.

SoMm

Thanks.

Is everything coming from a mixer the same to a pair of speakers?

Assuming a cd payer, vocal mic, electric guitar through a POD, a drum machine, keyboard, output from a DAW, or just about anything else are running through a mixer to an amp and nearfield monitors. With all levels set the same, is there any difference to the nearfields between anything coming from the mixer?

Back