Who here uses Bookshelf Speakers?

shortyc

haha...until I can afford good monitors..I'm gonna find an inexpensive amp and use my small magnetically sheilded bookshelf speakers that I got at best buy for 30 buckaroos.

How about that! (at least i can remove the grills and make them look like real "reference monitors")

Anyone else in the same boat for now?

yep, same boat for the last 12 years! since i got my first little 4-track.....
i have a pair of $90 yamaha bookshelves that are very flat and seem to get the job done, at least my mixes sound good on other systems...just cant seem to save up for 'real' monitors....
but thats what home recording is about, right?? -kip

I've used both to record. I have to say I really don't see that much of a difference when I use the monitors. Then again I don't use many live Instruments where I have to do alot of editing

have a pair of yamaha's too...

I love 'em! But, they are not magnetically shielded...so I use the others.

I used to do it also!!

Yo', if you keep your freqs on your amp flat, learn and tune your ears to your bookshelfs, you too can "monitor" your recordings and mixes with such!

Got a pair of JBL HLS810's (8"2-ways) for $90 at the local outlet store. They're pretty flat for home stereo speakers. I just have to remember they don't have anything below 80 or above 15K. My mains are an old pair of Altec 12" 3-ways that have the upper & lower, but they ain't flat by any stretch.

If it wasn't for the dry winter, I would have some Tannoys.:(

Back