What's your 'go to' distortion/saturation plugins?

Hmmm....

My stock distortion "plugins" are:

TS9 Tubescreamer
Soul Food
Visual Sound Route 66
Marshall DSL401
Peavey Classic 30

OK, I do have to plug into them, so they SHOULD qualify. :)

If I'm going in direct and not using an amp, I use an old Line6 PodXT. I did use a distortion effect once on my Yamaha AW1600 for a guitar part.

Since going to my PC setup, I don't really use saturation plugins. I try to get a sound I like going into the interface.

Reactions: RFR
The stock Sansamp plugin that comes with protools is good for adding some grit to all manner of sources. Its not just a virtual amp program

The stock Sansamp plugin that comes with protools is good for adding some grit to all manner of sources. Its not just a virtual amp program

That plug in is very handy. I like to use it on bass usually paralleled one track clean and the other a little dirty with the Sansamp. Also the free Softube
saturator is really handy too. I demo’d the Saturn and it’s nice but I just wouldn’t pay that kind of money for that plug in for the moderate amount of saturation I use.

Ozone 9 Exciter / Mastering
Steven Slate Virtual Tape Machine / for Back up Vocal Buss
Steven Slate Mix Buss Console / Mix Buss

:thumbs up:

The HG-2 Black Box is absolutely insane in every possible way. Got the plug on a whim and seriously considering the hardware now - ALTHOUGH - I understand the hardware doesn't have the "Mix" control as is found on the plug. When I'm using this thing (which is pretty frequently), I have that mix control typically below 20%. So if I decide to go the hardware route, I'm going to have to demo it for a bit before pulling the trigger.

Decapitator, Klanghelm SDRR 2, and UAD Studer 800. Tend to use the first two on individual drum mics, then the tape machine on the main drum bus. Any of them for bass guitar

I dont have a ton of plug-in knowledge, but for what it's worth Joey Sturgis Tones plugins often times get me 80-90% of the way there right out of the box. Obviously tweaking is needed for the song and a purposeful application but I often use it as my go-to for quickly dialing up good rock/metal sounds. Some features can be somewhat useless like the included effects, but the amp sections are pretty cool.

Back