Whats the best mixer?

roflamingo

Hay, i'm currently searching for a mixer for my home studio and was wondering what the best value 8-12 track mixer is. Thanks.

That all depends on your idea of value...better price or better quality.

...And if you say both, well, we've all been asking each other that for years.

I have a tascam 424mkIII and i wanna record for my band, which would include drums, guitar, keyboard, bass, and vocals. although every once in a while i would record just acoustic and vocals.

roflamingo said:
Hay, i'm currently searching for a mixer for my home studio and was wondering what the best value 8-12 track mixer is. Thanks.

the one with talent touching the faders. :) Whatever you get as long as it's not TOTALLY bottom of the barrel, will do you fine as long as you are able to use it. Some of the best albums of all time were done on such questionable gear. Just look for one that works in the way you think, and sounds reasonably good. Depends on your mixing style, budget, and how many purrtey colours it comes in (just kidding on the lat one).

Did I answer the question? yes and no ;)

I would say thats answered my question. A little unspecific as it may be, it works. How would you rate the mixer i talked about in my above reply? ^^^

I am not seeing a price for the mixer falken linked, and plus i would like to get a mixer that is a little more common so that if i run into any problems i can ask questions about it later, or possibly even sell it if i ever wanna upgrade.

roflamingo said:
I am not seeing a price for the mixer falken linked, and plus i would like to get a mixer that is a little more common so that if i run into any problems i can ask questions about it later, or possibly even sell it if i ever wanna upgrade.

You have to email them for the price. You shouldn't have any trouble selling it, they are in high demand because they are really high quality but they stopped making them a few years back.

Back