What should I get?

ibiswos1

I don't think I can spend much more than $700 which makes the m11x r1 really my only option because everything else seems to be $999 and above (unless someone knows a way to get them cheaper.) Portability isn't that important to me, but I want to do some gaming. Is the r1 a reasonable option, should I try to somehow get a different alienware (maybe by forking out more money), or should I look into getting a nonalienware (if so what do you recommend?)

I probably would have gone with one of the larger alienware laptops or even the desktops if they weren't so expensive. I would probably have my computer at home on the desk or using my HDTV as a monitor most of the time, so ignoring portability is the m11x worth it for the price or could I get something better, maybe with a bigger screen? I've been following the new releases of the m14x and m11xr3 and seen things appear and disappear and prices change. I don't know a HUGE amount about computers and have been getting kind of fed up with this lately, so does anyone know what my best options are?

Fuck alienware. Build your own. You'll save a lot of money and learn something in the process.

Everything only fits together one way. Find a friend who has done it before and you're good to go.

Also: Desktop PC is going to be less expensive and have more horsepower. Especially if you want to do gaming.

Alienware's loadout is going to include a host of stuff you don't need.

What is it you want to do, and how much money do you plan to spend on just the computer side of things?

5 Options:

What should I get?

1)Off the forum until you stop posting the same question everywhere.
2)Your shit together
3)Real
4)A life
5)Lost

He didn't actually choose Option 5, did he? I was just joking, and I thought my post was damn funny! I don't care where you're from. :D

Back