What monitors do you use?

What monitors do you use?

• Total voters
I have a pair of JBL 4406's. There's lots of better stuff out there nowadays, but I've had these things for about 25 years, so I know them intimately. I also have a pair of M-Audio AV-30's, and a cheap-o pair of Sonys that I refer to as my "Horror-tones"! :listeningmusic:

JBL4328's, JBL4312, Mackie MR5's, tiny Cambridge SoundWorks desktop system, $10 earbuds and an MP3 player. Hiya Ralph, How's da tubes?

KRK'S are the best inmy opinion

The best in what way? Which model? What do you base this opinion upon? Which other monitors have you compared them with? Describe how the KRK brand makes things sound good.

:)

Sorry man, I don't mean to raz you, but that is one opinion that lacks enough info, to even make the statement.

Maybe I am just a dick...

KRK G25's huh?

Been interested in the JBL's but I am happy with my wharfy's. Mixed on them for a few years. I would like to move up but $$ not here right now. Genelec or Adam sound/ work well. I am used to these and have learned them so mixes translate. I do want an "analtone" cube but my jam box and car stereo do give a nice sonic picture for that kind of thing. Blast away audiophiles. :) I wish I had room for my old altec boxes and cash for a nice power amp but that is for another day.

I've recently bought a pair of Equator D5, & i'm having to re-do everything i thought was nearly right

they really show up ALL bad things but have a large sweet spot that i need to get used to,, (onwards! :guitar:)

I have an old BGW power amp and Tannoy PCM 6.5s Usually mix with my Sennheiser HD280s though. I know its naughty but I am a night owl when it comes to mixing and I can't wake up my family. For my next project I am going to be mixing at a friends house in the day and I plan to use the Tannoys.

I've been using the Yamaha HS50Ms for about 6 years now and I think they're great. They're not the best-sounding speakers, but that's not their purpose. If you can get your mix sounding great on these boxes, it will sound great anywhere! They also have a pretty decent frequency response for such small monitors.
Last year I bought the matching subwoofer to go with them and it's improved my sound greatly.

Back