What monitors do you use?

What monitors do you use?

• Total voters
I use Yamaha Msp5, and I find the very good sounding for theire price.

I think theire discontinued now, not sure though.

I`ve also used Krk rokit 8 and 6, and and a few in the fostex sereies, wich all sound nice to me :)

I have a pair of Roland DS-5's. They are the only near field monitors I have owned and they have served me well..............so far..............I think!! :D

After auditioning a pair of Behringer B2031P's in the store, I bought 'em off ebay. Huge change from my beloved JBL's (my preciousssss) but all of a sudden I can hear way into the mixes. Say what you will, I love 'em.

chazba

chazba said:
After auditioning a pair of Behringer B2031P's in the store, I bought 'em off ebay. Huge change from my beloved JBL's (my preciousssss) but all of a sudden I can hear way into the mixes. Say what you will, I love 'em.

chazba

Which JBLs were they?

chazba said:

chazba

Yeah...I'm pretty happy with 'em.

Why wasn't soundblaster speakers in the poll? :p

I don't get why people spend 2000.00 on monitors.

My creative labs rock!

I've got some powered yorkies. I'm actually going to upgrade in the next 6 months in the $1-1.5k range and I don't know if the lower level Adams or like a Blue Sky desk would be better.

Mackie HR624 :)

Got them last week...couldn't be happier! Built some broadband absorbers and they sound even better now!!!

of course, it helped that i got a banging deal on them too!

BentRabbit said:
KRK Rokit 5's right now, but saving up for some Mackie 824's.

You're probably going to get plenty of folks clicking 'Other' since you don't have Wharfedales in the poll... I think there's a good chunk of our community using the 8.2's...

Welcome to the board!

:)
Mackie HR824s are nice but I dont think they are worth the money.
They are a bit harsh in the high end.
I listened to APhex Twins "Come to Daddy" on the HR824s and it sounded very very harsh in the highs an hi mids. I never noticed the harshness till I listened on the HR824s.
I couldnt judge the low end that well.
Eck

Event ASP8, love them, I've used others (as I am an independant engineer on the side, in Nash) and these have been the least fatiguing on my ears.

Back