What monitors do you use?

What monitors do you use?

• Total voters
Well, at 40 votes into this election, even though the polls are not closed, I'll venture the following projections:

Blue Bear is still smart enough to stay away from these God-awful forums as no one has run up any Adams yet ;).

The pro-NS10 constituancy which has been so vocal in the past is staying away from this polling place in droves.

Digidesign's marketing strategy of "all for one brand and one brand for all" seems to be working.

Over 50% of the voters are falling into the "Other" category using either boom-box class speakers or top-end mastering packages. Not a lot of middle ground there.

Of the voters who are using one of the named candidates, the vast majority are working on a very limited budget, as the brands that tend towards the more expensive in the nearfields, (e.g. Adam, Genelec, Mackie) are very poorly represented.

G.

m-audio BX5

they are OK, lacks a bit of bass responce........but i can compensate for that.

oh,....is that why my mixes so darn bassy! :eek: :eek: :eek:

studiomaster said:
How much did you get it for? Just curious...

$1200, I think. It was the "standard" catalogue price, nothing special, but worth every penny to me.

Dynaudio BM5A's - really quite like them, I went to several local shops and A/B'd them using my reference disc... and as much as I may have wanted them to, my ears just liked them better than the Genelec's etc that cost twice as much... I tried to spend more money, honest I did!!

Just goes to show, every ear is different - dont get persuaded by price tags, brand loyalty or the winners of this poll!!!! :D

Dr Biscuits said:
Just goes to show, every ear is different - dont get persuaded by price tags, brand loyalty or the winners of this poll!!!! :D
He speaks truth!! :)

Back