What monitors do you use?

What monitors do you use?

• Total voters
regular setup is yamaha msp5's with madisound 12" sealed 500w sub

also use in other rooms:
mackie hr824's
tannoy reveals (red face)
dyn audience (passive first order 6db/oct style)
bedroom: pioneer 12" 3way floor standing
workshop: pioneer 15" 3way "bookshelf" (yeah right, these are huge!)
car: alpine R-type 5x7's w/ rockford amps 150w rms per speaker and dual 12" rockford subs sealed w/ rockford amp 300w rms

I'm using event tr-6's right now. But I got my eye on those JBL Speakers that tune to the room.

I have some lsr 6' with "room mode correction" and the 12" floor sub.. this is an excellent sollution to mixing in less than ideal rooms.. I love them, and would recommend them to anyone.. furthermore, I had the event tr 8" prior to getting the JBL's.. small world.. it was a huge step up for me.

Best of luck.

I did a bunch of A/B at guitar center in a control room for monitors. I was set on the KRK RP8's until I go to listen to EVERYTHING. After about and hour I fell for the KRK VXT4's. Honestly, they blew the RP series away with the clarity. I used John Mayer's "Belief, Clarity, and Free Falling (live)" and The Action Design's "Ten Feet of Snow, and "Landmines." I think the RP's were way to muddy compared to the VXT and the Mackies didn't impress either. I did like the Adam's but way out of my range. The VXT 4 beat the RP8 hands down. Love them in my studio.

Samson Rubicon 5A.

I´m satisfied with my room+monitors (but I have bass traps "everywhere" - 22 thick traps in a 3,4 m x 2,8m x 2,6m small room).

My final response in the lows/mids is +/- 5 db 46hz / 900 hz (+ very low decay times).

Then,It´s alright !:)

Ciro

I'm using Fostex PM1 with PM0.5 Sub, some tiny £4 speakers for referencing. I'm gonna get me some Mackie 624 or 824 next year. Couldn't deal with the Adam or Dynaudio forwardness when i listened the other day, the Mackies sounded easier to me.

I was surprised to see so many KRKs are in use! Aren't they relatively new? Maybe it's the yellow cones, i listened to few pairs and just sounded dead to me!

Beauty is in the ear canal of the listener i suppose!

At risk of getting flamed...

I use a pair Yamaha NS-10A's with an old JBL Control Subwoofer (dual 8"). I bi-amp the system with the crossover at 90Hz (lowest my old Brooke Siren crossover will go). I use SmaartLive to optimize the response. I use White 4001 1/3 octave, rotary knob eq's and Crown DC-300II power amps. All old school and bought on ebay/garage sale/auction.

Sounds good to me and is fairly flat. Of course, the final monitoring check is my Sony CD player in my '96 Camry.

;-)

M-Audio BX8's.....they translate fairly decently.

What made the biggest improvement (no lie, and believe me I was apprehensive) were my Primacoustic Recoil pads.....those things are amazing! They cleaned up the lows big time. I also heard things I've never heard before when listening to certain cds.

I don't work for them or anything, but after reading reviews, I said ehhh if they suck I'll take em back. I'll never get rid of em.

Truth Audio TA-1Ps and Tannoy System 800s (powered by Crown), plus Mackie HR824s and a Cambridge SoundWorks sub/sat system.

For all my mixing needs, I choose clarity, volume, and flat freq response...

I choose:

Attachments

• fcee4cbc2d.jpg
    fcee4cbc2d.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 159
I am using M-Audio BX5a's and I like them, compared to what I was using before (Creative labs surround sound system :o) they are amazing!! :cool:

Back