What monitors do you use?

What monitors do you use?

• Total voters
My home studio is low budget. My primary monitors are KRK RP 5's with a KRK sub. I have a second PC that I use for mixing (from a portable digital recorder) where I use a pair of M-Audio AV 40's. While I am pleased with my KRK setup, the little M-Audio's are doing a fine job. They are basically low-end monitors or high-end computer speakers but, IMHO, they are a good value for a home studio.

I use more than one set. I use Sony MDR-7506 headphones, then Hafler M5 Reference, then Fisher DS-816, then my car. Sometimes more than once.

I've been using Samson 65a's with a sub. My buddy is putting together a home studio so we can work via the internet. Any suggestions of something that is in the $500 or less category and at least as good, if not better than the 65a?

KRK Rokit Series..Nice sound, good angled boxes for less interruption...and realitively inexpensive.

mackie hr624s are my personal monitors work monitors ns10 and Genelec 1032A and matching subwoofer yes thats a 8 thousand dollar monitoring chain and even thoguh its semi standard in small pro tools rooms i prefer the ns10s

My home studio is low budget. My primary monitors are KRK RP 5's with a KRK sub. I have a second PC that I use for mixing (from a portable digital recorder) where I use a pair of M-Audio AV 40's. While I am pleased with my KRK setup, the little M-Audio's are doing a fine job. They are basically low-end monitors or high-end computer speakers but, IMHO, they are a good value for a home studio.

Same here. I like my AV 40's for now until I can upgrade. For the money it was tuff to beat.

Event TR 8

i really like them. i'd like to get a small pair of something else to compare mixes, but not sure what to get.

JasonBird

I mainly use Alesis Monitor One mk2s and M-Audio Studiophile v-40s, but also have some Roland powered and JBL passives that I can also reference.

wow.. This thread is still running :eek:

Time for an update I guess...

I had KRK Rocket 5's when my studio was just in the bedroom... Absolutely loved 'em! When I started taking over bigger rooms in the house, ;) I bought a set of Wharfedale Diamond Pro 8.2's and they did great.

A couple of years ago, I got some NS 10's and, when I moved into this new place and set up in my basement, modified an Optimus 10" sub with a beefier speaker and plugged the port. Using a Mackie Big Knob, I could switch between the Wharfedales, NS10's and sub and/or mix and match at my leisure.

This month, I bought some Adam A7's and so far, they are INCREDIBLE!!!

Still breaking them in, but I'm not going to the NS10's as much as I used to, and the Wharfedales are just sitting lonely in the corner.

Glad I made the plunge :D

KRK RP5G2's
been using my 160 dollar headphones thinking better headphones will mean a better mix, eh, wrong, so i tried connecting my stereo system which has different sound fields, you know so i could mix and compare to get a good balance of them all, sooooooo, i finally picked up a pair of KRK RP5G2's, had for a week, not gotten to use them yet, i hope this drastically increases the quality of my mixes, sure the fuck can't hurt

Back