What happens when you don't pay the guy mixing your stuff

The video is made by the studio who never got paid.. the band is originally metal or hardcore of whatever it is called. Since they never paid him for the music or the video. he decided to make it into a dance/hardcore song for entertainment

From what I read the studio sold it as an "all in one" type deal. Get your song recorded and mixed plus an in studio type music video all for one price..

From what I read the studio sold it as an "all in one" type deal. Get your song recorded and mixed plus an in studio type music video all for one price..

Ah ok, that explains it. I couldn`t understand how this would have a video unless the band was in on it. Now I get it. Pretty funny.

I am sure there is some type of lawsuit that could be had here.. Surely they own the rights to that song but I am on the studio side there. Come in and do all the recording, make the video, etc and then stiff the guy.. you deserve what you get. And that dance mix is something hahah..

Either that or these guys are marketing geniuses and the real version is going to come out and be huge after people get used to hearing the dance version. :D

Alexander Ruiz 18 hours ago:
This comment has received too many negative votes
Im the vocalist for Altitudes
its crazy seeing this, dan our engineer do something like this to us.
we never put the video out, we never put the song up for download or even share it.
Basically we just weren't financially stable at the time but we WERE planning on paying him back. after seeing this its crazy because we never thought he would act in such a way. Were not sorry because our intentions werent to let his hardwork go un paid for. Thats all I have to say. Thank you to the ones who care!

Dear generation Y (I am part of said generation). Intentions do not mean shit, either do it or don't. Intentions do not pay the bills.

Intentions won't help him pay for all that gear or time. Being paid a year later also doesn't really help things (but it is better than nothing).

I still say it's awesome

Anyone else notice it always seems to be the guys with tons of tattoos and weed money that can't settle up in a timely manner?

I had some rap guys a while back never pay for the sessions, I may put the vocals out ........ with a Kenny G type backing?

Alan.

Back