What is the best iTunes settings for mastering rap music under $100?

zed32

Re-Attached Member
i need it to sound ultra pro. it sounds crappy after i mix it, but when i run it thru iTunes it sounds good. just wondering how to adjust the settings on iTunes to get the best mastering? :confused:

You have the wrong definition of mastering.

Mastering in iTunes is converting to 128 KBPS MP3. This is indistinguishable from CD quality. The final step is burning it to your iPod and seeing how the mix sounds on earbuds.

zed32 said:
i need it to sound ultra pro. it sounds crappy after i mix it, but when i run it thru iTunes it sounds good. just wondering how to adjust the settings on iTunes to get the best mastering? :confused:
Easy. Just click on the "X" button in the upper-right corner of the iTin window. Can't get any better sounding than that.

G.

SouthSIDE Glen said:
Easy. Just click on the "X" button in the upper-right corner of the iTin window. Can't get any better sounding than that.

G.

hey i tried using this setting, and it dont works!! :confused: :confused:

every time i try to use this setting, the program just crashes and i have to start it up again. :(

anyone know a better way to master my songs using iTunes for the ultra pro sound?

Dudes, I just figured out an even better mastering method. All I have to do is get my friend to call me up and play my new mix over my cell phone. Then I stick my usb computer mic in front of my phone speaker and re-record it.

Ah man, it sounds sooooooo friggin' awesome!

I'm also working on a new method using my truck speakers, but it's not perfected yet. :D

(Yowsa, this idea will probably make me super rich!)

First you must pre-master by compressing the snot out of it, then apply upward expansion and remove all the pesky headroom and foot room(an wiggle room! ) then apply 79% wet stereo widening. Yor ME will be most appreciative and laud your pre-mastering prowless !

(prolly give ya a discount cause all he'll have to do is listen and give it the final approval!!)

We home recordist need to stop focusing on mastering, thats not our job, ; we MUST pre-master!!!!

All you ME's , no need to thank me for spreading the word, it's my pleasure to be of service!!! :D :D

:D
:D :D
:D :D :D

flatfinger said:
First you must pre-master by compressing the snot out of it, then apply upward expansion and remove all the pesky headroom and foot room(an wiggle room! ) then apply 79% wet stereo widening.

does the stereo widening get rid of the pesky "elbow room" or does it just add more? :confused:

You've got it all wrong man, the new iTunes' are all using inferior A/D converters. You've gotta get iTunes 2 or below! I've heard Behringer has a simulater for iTunes 2, that might work...

haha....i guess 20 years from now, today's junk software is gonna be the cool "vintage" sound that everyone wants.

zed32 said:
does the stereo widening get rid of the pesky "elbow room" or does it just add more? :confused:

well , yes 100% widening would eliminate all elbow room, however, since I've already eliminated all wiggle room, I like to be humane and allow my ME 21% elbow room so he can apply his limiter , set to stun. The goal here is a dynamic range of say 1 db.

I want to make sure that the finished product has enough inter -sample overloading to make the end users CD players eminate paint peeling ,square wave distortion. That's just my style! :p

:D
:D :D
:D :D :D

jonnyc said:
4, that's the best setting, 4.

well that settles it. thank you so much!

good to see someone cut out all the bullshit and just give a straight answer on how to get the best iTunes settings for mastering rap music under $100.

yeah well!

uhgh!

linux is better than Solaris for recording anyways!

NOOB.

i use software that has been shitted on and stolen from department stores like walmart for my pro audio need!

how you like that! anti-piracy..

flatfinger said:
Perhaps it would be judicious to purchase one of these before begining the recording process:

do they have a rack mount version? or a VST for this? :confused: :confused:

i think iTunes mastering might have this type of effect built in, if you set it to "4" it sounds really good! :eek:

Back