Want to learn advanced mixing

offcenter2005

Is there any sites that you guys could direct me to for advanced mixing and mastering techniques? I have a basic understanding but i would like to learn as much as i can. I'm sure someone is going to say you cant just learn this stuff but i need to understand the technical things that go along with my amateur understanding of mixing and mastering. I can make a track sound pretty good with the equipment I'm using but that isn't good enough for me.

If you want to learn the technical side of things, may I recommend the "Yamaha Sound Reinforcement Handbook" which should be on the bookshelf for everyone doing sound-related things, not just sound reinforcement. It's not a book to sit and read, more a reference guide with all the formulas, definitions etc. you need to really understand what you're doing. It even has a section on pinouts for making up all the common leads you might need.

Bob

This thread does have a lot of useful information but a lot of posts are people looking for specific solutions to their specific issues. The book mentioned sounds like what im looking for. My idea of a good read is a user manual that comes with some outboard gear. Ill check that out. Thanks for the replies.

This thread does have a lot of useful information but a lot of posts are people looking for specific solutions to their specific issues. The book mentioned sounds like what im looking for. My idea of a good read is a user manual that comes with some outboard gear. Ill check that out. Thanks for the replies.

Did you check my HERE? In post #7.

Back