Very Aggressive Autotune!

He got his question answered, and I had a little fun. Looks like a total win to me! ;)

Really? A scripted cliche complaint for the billionth time about the recording industy's public enemy effect #1 was fun? You're easily amused, but okay then. Glad you had fun. :)

Really? A scripted cliche complaint for the billionth time about the recording industy's public enemy effect #1 was fun? You're easily amused, but okay then. Glad you had fun. :)

I've been snowbound for three days. Went without hot running water for two of those days. I'll grasp at any amusement I can get at this point.

you have vieos posted on youtube over a year ago where you explain this yourself :confused:

not really...he shows how to get that autotune effect...he was asking about hard tune and how to recreate that effect which is far more extreme

I think the OP took his balls and went home. :(

yeah we should look for someone else to try an run off...maybe a rapper, or someone who doesnt create his own beats from scratch...maybe someone who has a loop in there tune or uses midi, samples, VSTi's..or and electric guitars or something...us real musicians huh ;)

yeah we should look for someone else to try an run off...maybe a rapper, or someone who doesnt create his own beats from scratch...maybe someone who has a loop in there tune or uses midi, samples, VSTi's..or and electric guitars or something...us real musicians huh ;)

Meh. I wasn't trying to run him off. I just forgot today was Stick Up The Bum Day around here. :rolleyes:

Lol. Nah, I'm all for teeing off on people. But when he didn't bite, you shoulda backed off. That's all. :D

FWIW...the worst part about t-pain using autotune is the fact that he's one of the few people that actually use it for effect, and not to fix his crappy voice.

I despise the dude's music, but he has a really good voice. I hate that he destroys it with Autotune.

YouTube - Re: TPAIN cant sing

Youtube evidence (though I could only stomach the first minute and a half or so).

Last edited:
FWIW...the worst part about t-pain using autotune is the fact that he's one of the few people that actually use it for effect, and not to fix his crappy voice.

That's what makes it okay, to me. I don't like or listen to that kind of music, but if you lay it on stupid thick like he does, it's obviously being used as an effect and not as a correction to bad singing. In that regard it's no different from using delay, or reverb, or flangers, or any other effect to alter sound. He's not solely using it to hide his shitty voice - like Taylor Swift or that little fag Bieber might be doing. Their kind of corrective autotune is lame. T-Pain's is more effect for effect.

That's what makes it okay, to me. I don't like or listen to that kind of music, but if you lay it on stupid thick like he does, it's obviously being used as an effect and not as a correction to bad singing. In that regard it's no different from using delay, or reverb, or flangers, or any other effect to alter sound. He's not solely using it to hide his shitty voice - like Taylor Swift or that little fag Bieber might be doing. Their kind of corrective autotune is lame. T-Pain's is more effect for effect.
I agree with this. Personally, I detest autotune and it's cousins with every fibre of my being and existence but not in principle, I just can't stand the sound. The snippets of Martin Luther King and Winston Churchill speeches and babies crying through autotune simply exacerbate the lameness of the effect. But it is an effect and like almost every effect since the dawn of recording, it gets used in ways that weren't initially intended or apparent. From the point of view of it being an effect, it's valid. Just don't go giving it to me for christmas.

Lots of people with smartass comments and no useful information...

The dude asked a reasonable question, if you can't give him an accurate answer, why don't you just move on to the next thread instead of polluting this one with your incessant childish bullshit?

x3rmlygood...here is an inexpensive Autotune product that has a setting that will accomplish what you want to do:

Antares Auto-Tune EFX Pitch Correcting Plug-In

You can use Melodyne to get the effect. I had to figure it out once on the spot during an "interview."

Forgive me for my bad explanation as I have only done it once and am not on my DAW computer.

Correct the every note to 100% pitch correction. Now use the pitch drift tool to make every single transition as sharp as possible. You will see the transitions from one not to the next go from slants to vertical lines. You can just select all the notes and do it at once. It takes only a few seconds to do all of this.

Lots of people with smartass comments and no useful information...

The dude asked a reasonable question, if you can't give him an accurate answer, why don't you just move on to the next thread instead of polluting this one with your incessant childish bullshit?
You do make a valid point in part. But sometimes, these threads do go off on little sidetracks. OK, some of them are daft, on the other hand, you get to learn a little more about the people that participate in them which is useful in the future and for that matter looking through past threads, not to mention that sometimes, interesting debate points come up. It is, admittedly a hard balance.
There again, forums are not just cold, clinical encyclopaedias of technical information. Until you kill them, you can't stop humans being human.
Furthermore, if you actually read the thread, you'd see that KCearl already gave the exact info that you did in post 15......

Back