Using several monitor speakers

Brad

Ideally, I would like to be able to listen to my mixes through as many monitors/consumer speakers as possible. Right now I have 2 sets of near field monitors, and 2 sets of consumer speakers at my disposal. My mixer has a set of balanced monitor outs and a set of unbalanced. My question is this: Is there a device out there that can act as a distributor of monitor sends? A box that I can send my balanced monitor outs to and then according to which button I hit, hear my mix through the individual speaker sets? Like something that electronics stores have so you can punch buttons on their car stereo speaker display to hear that signal thru any speaker?
I know I could set up a patch bay to do this, but I'd rather push buttons instead of changing patch cords!
I know this piece of gear must exist for the home studio, but I haven't found it yet. Please Help!
Brad

i would think that a lil mixer would do that. but im not sure. also, i think anything you would use would cut down the original signal, but i could be wrong. sorry, not much of any help am i.

Radio Shack has several different speaker switches that could be used. However as has already been stated...it may affect your signal...every piece of gear, wire, switch jack etc. you run through will degrade the signal a little bit. (Gold contacts are better).

Dom Franco

Back