using pro tools software without the hardware?

djclueveli

is it possible to record in a different program and just use pro tools le for mixing the project even if you dont have any pro tools hardware?

djclueveli said:
is it possible to record in a different program and just use pro tools le for mixing the project even if you dont have any pro tools hardware?

You need Digidesign-approved recording interfaces for PT LE and PT M-Powered...

The software will not run without one of the two being present (digidesign hardware or m-audio hardware, respectively)...

As far as mixing a project from another DAW.. That's not too big of a problem.. Either use/buy the OMF file converter or just import the tracks/stems/submixes into a new pt session..

No. Pro Tools is *firmware*, plain and simple. Digidesign's method of protecting their software is to tie it, inseparably, to approved hardware.-Richie

peritus said:
YEither use/buy the OMF file converter or just import the tracks/stems/submixes into a new pt session..

LOL.............I believe you only get OMF with the most expensive HD systems. Otherwise, it is something like $300!

Came stock with Sonar! ;)

Ford Van said:
LOL.............I believe you only get OMF with the most expensive HD systems. Otherwise, it is something like $300!

Came stock with Sonar! ;)

:p Agreed..

Well i don't think that pro tools le software will work without hardware.because i think that Pro Tools will not run without the hardware actually connected to your computer.The software is installed for hardware work properly but if you have not connected the hardware then software will give an error like hardware not found.

OK- I posted in 2007, but the world has changed. Digidesign, and its new parent company have caved, and Pro Tools LE 9.0 no longer requires approved hardware, With the right drivers, it will work with most interfaces. But there are lots of recording software systems out there now. A lot of the folks on this board swear by Reaper.-Richie

Pro tools cannot work without hardware so you have install hardware device.But the latest version of pro tools i.e. Pro tools 9 works with or without any audio interface.So you should try this latest version.

Back