Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ultramastering.com???

Thanks

Question ultramastering.com???

Sign in to disable this ad
    Have any of you here had any experience with ultramastering.com?

Site, gear and price was my attraction but I'm currently unhappy with their lack of communication. It took 5 days to get a response regarding my first question which was asking for a tentative completion date.

I finally got a response last Friday stating that the master has been shipped. I immediately asked when it was shipped so I know roughly when to expect it but it's been a week today and still no package, no response. This is a package coming from Michigan to Chicago.

Currently scared of requesting for possible corrections since their communication with me has been quite frustrating.

Kenny

Thanks
    "We will analyze your stereo mix and correct the frequency content and levels by visualizing the energy distributed in the stereo image."

Do they master by eye?
    Newest endeavor: Playing drums in a live band version of 7 Door Sedan's music.

"Do yourself a favour just shut up, read up then put up." --muttley600

Thanks
    "Ultramastering"....sounds like Behringer has a hand in it...

Never heard of em tho....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAudio
    "We will analyze your stereo mix and correct the frequency content and levels by visualizing the energy distributed in the stereo image."

Do they master by eye?
    Nothing's wrong using eyes combined with ears dude.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAudio

Do they master by eye?
    totally, i small har-bal.
    audio?
    seriously, give me negative rep.

Southeastern NC. No more Krauts and Bad music.
    Thanks
    Har Bal is actually very nice. Invaluable tool.

But that site is bogus.

send to a real ME.

teddy

Thanks
    All I know about them is they should immediately fire whoever writes their web copy. More made-up words, badly-constructed sentences, and outright nonsense text on one page than I've seen on any website written by anyone who wasn't a drunk living an a van down by the river. Certanily enough to throw a reasonable doubt in my mind. From one page:

"Psychoacoustic Analyzation". This one literally made me laugh out loud. What the hell is "analyzation"? Is that "analysis"? Then of course this is the one where they describe that nonsense about mastering by sight. This one paragraph alone would be enough to turn me away from giving them my money.

This is immediately followed by a description of "Equalization" as "a balance of clarity and depth through extensive monitoring." Huh??? Since when do clarity and depth have to be "balanced", what do either of them have directly to do with equalization, and how does extensive monitoring have anything to do with EQ?

The paragrph on compression makes some small bit of sense in it's focus on "power presence and punch", but the rest of the paragraph construction would have every English and composition teacher I ever had from 1st grade on up dragging their nails across the chalkboard.

Bass management: How does shaping the bass on a master have anything to do with pushing "the low-end capabilities of your speakers?" It doesn't.

"Maximization/Limiting": Oh, there's one of those made up "-ization" words again. He must have gotten that one from the same dictionary as "analyzation". What DOES this guy use to build his web pages? Every tool I can think of outside of "Notebook" wuld have stopped these words at the spell checker a couple of different times.

I'm not being picky here, I can understand the occasional typo. But this page is all smoke and mirrors content loaded with made-up words and grammer-school diction. And this guy wants to sell me as an engineer? Case not sold.

G.

P.S. When's the last time that somebody claimed to have a mastering suite with all that gear and didn't include a single picture of the suite anywhere on their website?

They have to prove to me that it's not because they are somebody using Har Bal.
    [SIZE=1][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Glen J. Stephan,
    SouthSIDE Multimedia Productions[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkGreen]RECORDING RESOURCES AND INFO SITE:[/COLOR]
    [URL="www.independentrecording.net"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSIDE Glen
    P.S. When's the last time that somebody claimed to have a mastering suite with all that gear and didn't include a single picture of the suite anywhere on their website?
    They do have a picture of their "media room" on their home page, for what that's worth.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mshilarious
    They do have a picture of their "media room" on their home page, for what that's worth.
    That little thumbnail with no explanation and a buck will get you a quarter of a cup of coffee at Starbucks .

G.
    [SIZE=1][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Glen J. Stephan,
    SouthSIDE Multimedia Productions[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkGreen]RECORDING RESOURCES AND INFO SITE:[/COLOR]
    [URL="www.independentrecording.net"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks
    I guess I fell for all of it, $60 later. Still no package, still no e-mail. My main thing is the time I lost since other things are scheduled related to this project.

I should've inquired first before I went with it. Funny now how they immediately (almost instantly) responded to let me know that the payment is required before mastering is started. In the past it's been half or a percentage before the project is started, then the rest once the corrections are made/completed and before the final master was sent.

I definitely feel robbed. Great!

I suppose use me as a reminder to enquire first and to avoid this online mastering company. I most certainly fell for it. A $60 lesson.

I will be filing a claim through Paypal if I don't get any packages by mid next week. I would most definitely find it hard to believe for a package from Michigan to take 2 weeks to get to Chicago.

Thanks for all your input and responses.

Regards,
    Kenny

Thread Information