Is there a way to get rid of reverb?

Dirk Diggler

I've taken a bit of audio from the Internet and imported it into my song, but it's got some reverb on it that I would like to remove...is there a way to do this?

I think there's a plugin called De-Verb that you can buy. I'd first try a multiband gate. For example, the Cockos package has a plugin called ReaFIR that has a gate mode. I haven't tried it in gate mode but I have done some interesting things in compressor mode.

Plugin alliance has D-verb and D-verb plus, but it's essentially using an algorithm that is similar to a transient shaper such as waves' Smack Attack, so you can use one of those too. There are some YT vids showing different ways to reduce the verb on a track but TBH , it's kind of hit or miss whether you can be entirely happy with the results.

Thanks guys!

I ended up going with a product called Accusonus ERA 4, because they had a free trial. (I only needed it for one thing, so I figured there was no point in spending my meager cash.)

This product did take away the reverb, though in the process it seemed to me it altered the audio in other ways as well.

Back